Teach your kids about praising God straight from Scripture with this Thanksgiving Bible Lesson for kids — a lapbook and a Bible study!
In fact, every year we play a fun game. Everyone gets a sheet of paper and lists things we’re thankful for, from A to Z. For A, I might list: Amy, apples, and avocados. Then I move onto B. I love the game so much I put it in the Thanksgiving lapbook.
Games are fun, and the Thanksgiving A to Z game makes us think about our blessings. But do we have a biblical understanding of giving thanks? Do our kids?
Because that’s what we really want, right? We want our kids to know and love our Lord–biblically.
It’s important for our kids to slow down and really take a look at different stories in the Bible, so they really understand what Scripture is saying about a subject. That’s the reason for our lapbook series here at Thinking Kids. The Thanksgiving Lapbook is super cute and a lot of fun–and really important for your children.
Thanksgiving Bible Lesson Kids Will Love
The Bible is such an exciting adventure for our kids. We can make it even more fun with hands-on in-depth Bible lessons like lapbooks, copywork, and Bible memory verse cards!
The Thanksgiving Lapbook is an in-depth study your kids will never forget.
Take a look at this fun lapbook:
Thanksgiving Bible Lesson for Kids
The Thanksgiving Lapbook is a fun, hands-on study of the Bible for your child from the ages of 5-12. You and your child will study:
- Stories of thanksgiving from the Bible.
- Giving thanks to God, with verses to memorize.
- Who we thank when we practice thanksgiving.
- Why we thank God.
- Ways God has blessed us.
- What it means to worship well.
- How we must steward our blessings.
- Why we thank God even when things are hard.
Thanksgiving Bible Lesson and Lapbook for Kids
You’ll find the Thanksgiving Bible Lesson Lapbook over in the Family Discipleship section of the Thinking Kids Press store. Don’t forget to take a look around while you’re there. You’ll find some great tools to equip you to teach the Bible and Christian history to your kids!
Thanksgiving Minibooks and Activities
Your child will find a number of fun minibooks and activities to cut, assemble, paste, color on, and write in. Depending on the age of your child, they may need a little help assembling the lapbook components.
The minibooks and activities include:
- 3-D Banner
- Lapbook Cover
- Layered Book
- Verse Frame
- Bible Verse Pocket and Memory Cards
- Accordion Books
- Minibook Game
Exploring the Bible in this hands-on way gives your child a permanent record of their study. They will remember what they’ve learned through a deep look at praising God in all things.
Supplies You’ll Need for Your Thanksgiving Bible Lesson for Kids
File Folder, Assorted ColorsSpecialty CardstockBright Multipurpose Copy PaperAll-Purpose Glue SticksShappy 8 Rolls 1/4 Inch by 25 Yard Satin Ribbon Double Face Ribbon Fabric Ribbon with Golden Edges, 8 ColorsTitanium Scissors 4 PackStapler with StaplesErasable Gel Pens120-Pack Colored Pencils
You’ll need a few supplies to put together your lapbook. You probably already have most of these. If not, it’s worth investing in them as you will use them again and again with your kids.
- A Colored File Folder
- A Sheet of Cardstock in a Complimentary Color
- Printer Paper
- 1/8″ Ribbon
- A Glue Stick
- A Stapler
- Colored Pens to Write With
- Colored Pencils to Color With
How to Print and Use the Thanksgiving Bible Lesson Lapbook for Kids
To create the base of your lapbook, place your file folder on a table and fold both sides inward toward the creased spine of the folder. Once the outer edges meet, crease your file folder. This will give you a book that opens in the middle. You will still have a fold in the middle of your book, so I like to glue a piece of cardstock into the middle section of the book to create a thick center that won’t bend.
You can watch a quick tutorial for the Thanksgiving lesson lapbook above.
The Thanksgiving Bible Lesson Lapbook will give your child hours of thoughtful Bible study, with visuals they’ll never forget.
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
Bible Curriculum for Your Kids
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
How to Study the Bible at Home (Even If You Haven’t Read It)FREE Gospel Bible Verses Poster and CardsBible Road Trip™Spiritual Disciplines for KidsTeach Kids the Bible Using… …the BibleDaily Devotions Bible Verse CalendarBible Road Trip™ Frequently Asked QuestionsBible Road Trip™ Everything PageHow to use Bible Notebooking Pages to Teach the BibleMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™FREE Books of the Bible BookmarksLevels of Learning the Bible for KidsHow to Read the Bible using Round Robin ReadingThe Buzz on Bible Road Trip™ | ReviewsBible Road Trip™ Bible Memory Verse CardsFREE The List of the Books of the Bible in Order PosterBible Road Trip™ Preschool and Kindergarten ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Lower Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Upper Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Dialectic ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Rhetoric Resources
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!