Do you want to teach your kids to praise the Lord with gratitude during prayer? This fun set of prayer cards for kids can help your kids pray prayers of thanksgiving with gratitude.
Sometimes praying with a thankful heart can fall through the cracks, even for adults, and prayer can become all about our needs, wants, and worries. Teach your kids to glorify God and thank Him for His goodness with these simple Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids.
These printable cards are a part of the Family Prayer Box project here at Thinking Kids.
Prayers of Thanksgiving with Gratitude Prayer Cards for Kids
These printable gratitude prayer cards have twelve adorable designs. Each card has a verse on the front reminding us to praise the Lord. You can download the card sets in either ESV or KJV.
Right now you can download the entire Family Prayer Box Craft eBook, including detailed instructions and all seven printable sets by subscribing to the Thinking Kids Press newsletter. You’ll receive free gifts, exclusive offers, and encouragement.
Make a Family Prayer Box Craft
Things Kids Pray with Gratitude About
Your children might find many things to be thankful for, or they may need a few suggestions. Here are some things kids can praise the Lord for:
- Grace ~ God’s grace is amazing!
- God’s love
- That Jesus came to earth to show His love for us
- Warm clothes
- A place to sleep at night
- Food to help them grow strong
- A favorite toy
- Mom and Dad
- Shoes to keep their feet safe
Ways to Use Prayers of Thanksgiving with Gratitude Prayer Cards for Kids
Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids can be used a number of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- At home, brainstorm items to be thankful about. Write a few items on the back of each card. Save the cards in your Family Prayer Box and use the prayer cards on a rotation, working through one each day.
- Fill all the cards out yourself. Place them in a stack on the table, and take turns at each meal praying for someone on the card.
- In a group, have each child fill out a card with a few things they are thankful for. Collect the cards and pray through the stack each week.
- Work on memorizing the verses. You could use one card per week rather than per day, saying the verse then thanking God for the items on the back.
- Share other ideas in the comments!
How to Print Prayers of Thanksgiving with Gratitude Prayer Cards for Kids
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards on duplex (back-to-back or double-sided). You’ll want to flip on the SHORT edge for these. You should be able to change the settings for this in the Properties tab of your printer box once you download and tell your computer to print.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable and the back won’t show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- If you plan to rotate the cards to use at meals or during your family devotional time, consider laminating them so they will last longer.
- Let your kids write in pen! Frixion erasable pens show up well and erase perfectly. I use them on my planner everyday and I love them. They give kids a fun way to use bright colors–and they still allow room for mistakes.
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
The Full Armor of God Costume CraftSpiritual Disciplines Calendar for KidsPraying in the Shower: 15 Ways to Make a Habit of PrayerFive Things that Occur When I Encourage My ChildPray for My Community Cards for KidsSermon Notebook for KidsThe Fruit of the Spirit Kids’ Craft
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!