The Bible Verses on Prayer Memory Cards gives you a clear and easy way to teach your kids about prayer–straight from Scripture.
As a parent, I want my children to learn about prayer. I think it’s vital that my kids have a clear understanding of how important prayer is in the life of a Christian. I want my children’s view of prayer to come straight from Scripture. After all, who is better to teach us about praying to God than God Himself?
Four Ways to Teach Your Kids About Prayer
One of the best ways to teach your children about prayer is to read the Bible with them. Scripture is filled with stories about people praying to God. Bible Road Trip™ is a great tool to use to read through the Bible with your family. You’ll find a reading schedule, discussion questions, notebooking, crafts, and more.
Another great way to teach your kids about prayer is to pray with them. Modeling prayer to children is a vital part of teaching kids to pray. To help families teach children to pray in a constructive way, we’ve been working on the Family Prayer Box project. You can get the ebook with step-by-step instructions and 6 printable prayer cards sets.
Books on Prayer for Kids
There are some fabulous books on praying for the world and other cultures written specifically for kids.
Memorize Bible Verses on Prayer
Finally, I think memorizing verses on prayer straight from the Bible is a fabulous way to teach you kids about prayer. Kids’ minds are little sponges, and they are usually able to memorize information easily. Memorizing Scripture is a wonderful way to take advantage of children’s versatile memorization abilities. I’m personally really grateful for all the Bible memorization I did as a child–those verses have been in my brain, ready for the Holy Spirit to bring to mind whenever needed my entire life. What a gift.
Bible Verses on Prayer Memory Cards
To help your children memorize Bible verses on prayer, I’ve created a fun set of 60 cards, available for you to purchase in the Thinking Kids Press Store. Each card has a Scripture memory passage related to prayer for your family to memorize. There are so many passages on prayer in the Bible that narrowing them down to just 60 was a challenge.
I picked those that are most applicable to your family’s daily lives, and that make sense out of the surrounding context. The Bible memory verses for children are available in either ESV or KJV, to suit your preference.
You’ll find the cards adorned with delightful little wise owls.
Ways to Use Bible Verses on Prayer Memory Cards
The Prayer Bible Memory Verse Cards can be used a number of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Save the cards in your Family Prayer Box and read the prayer cards on a rotation, working through one each evening before praying.
- Laminate the cards and store them on a book ring. Keep the cards at the table and work on memorizing one as a family during meal times over the course of several days.
- Use one card each day for copywork. You’ll find a great pack of pages for copywork at NotebookingPages.com.
- Share other ideas in the comments!
How to Print Bible Verses on Prayer Memory Cards
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable and the back won’t show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- If you plan to rotate the cards to use at meals or during your family devotional time, consider laminating them after writing on them so they will last longer.
Make a Family Prayer Box Craft
These cards coordinate with the Family Prayer Box project and come with their own divider. Check out this fun video about your prayer box craft and the printable prayer cards that come with it, then register to get your project for FREE!
Right now you can download the entire Family Prayer Box Project eBook, including detailed instructions and all seven printable sets by subscribing to the Thinking Kids newsletter. You’ll receive encouragement, gifts, and exclusive gifts after you opt in!
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
Bible Curriculum for Your Kids
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!