It seems to me that it’s only fair when reading a blog or (especially) when using a Bible curriculum to desire a statement of faith from the author.
Bible Road Trip™ is written from a Protestant perspective. I happen to be Reformed in my theology, and there is a strong emphasis on the sovereign nature of God throughout the curriculum. That emphasis on God’s control over people, nature, nations, and history is present in Scripture itself. That said, the goal of Bible Road Trip™ is to help families and churches survey the entire Bible. There are theological issues that are central to salvation, and those that are not. I have worked to note areas of the Bible where significant debate exists between scholars, and to allow for parental teaching in those areas. For instance, Bible Road Trip™ does not teach a particular eschatological view. Where discussion questions are concerned, I fall on the side of historical and biblical theology throughout the whole of Christian history.
My statement of faith:
1. I believe the Bible to be inspired; it is the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. I believe there is only one God, infinite, perfect, and eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. I believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. I believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5: -9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
5. I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. I believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30).
My church membership is at Cannon Beach Bible Church.
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!