You can take a family road trip that will change your children’s lives forever–a road trip through the Bible.
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum for families with kids preschool through high school. This road trip comes with Bible reading, discussion, background exploration, crafts, notebooking, praying for the nations, memorization, and more. There can even be snacks, if you want. Who doesn’t love snacks on a road trip?
Take a look at 10 reasons Bible Road Trip™ may be right for your family.
10 Reasons to Take a Road Trip Through the Bible
1) Your family will journey through the Bible cover-to-cover.
Read through the Bible cover-to-cover with your kids?
Yes! In just three years, Bible Road Trip™ will take you from Genesis to Revelation. The Bible Road Trip™ curriculum is just 32 weeks long, so you can take a break for summer, for weeks you’re extra busy, or for times when you’re not feeling well.
Some families continue on without taking a break at all.
If you use the curriculum at a rate of one level per year, and if you start when your oldest is in preschool, your kids will go through the Bible five times before they leave home. That’s pretty exciting, right?
2) Study the Bible as a family at 5 age-appropriate levels.
You really can read through the Bible together as a family.
Your kids will be studying at five separate levels, so their studies will be age appropriate.
Many families tell us this is their favorite aspect of the curriculum. Their whole family can learn the Bible together while understanding it at a level that’s appropriate.
Not only are the reading, memorization, and notebooking scheduled developmentally for kids, there are fabulous age-appropriate resources scheduled right into the curriculum. Your kids will have the opportunity to view videos, read books, and do projects that make sense for their level of understanding–all while your family studies the same section of Scripture and discusses it together.
3) Faithful to Scripture, Bible Road Trip™ concentrates on the overarching themes in the Bible.
You want a Bible curriculum that is faithful to God’s holy, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word.
Bible Road Trip™ holds to the historic doctrine of Scripture, which comes from the inspired Word of God itself. The discussion questions focus on helping your kids identify and understand the grand, overarching themes of the Bible. By the time your kids have completed three years of Bible Road Trip™, they’ll be able to explain:
- Who God is
- Who mankind is, and our need for salvation
- God’s great plan for salvation
- Jesus’ commands for his followers
Looking for my statement of faith and beliefs? You’ll find it here.
4) Not only will your family read the Bible, you’ll learn about the Bible as you journey!
It’s so important that your kids go through the Bible itself. It’s also important to get a little extra help learning about the Bible!
The additional resources scheduled into the Bible Road Trip™ curriculum will help your kids understand:
- Each book of the Bible — the author, theme, and its part in God’s story of salvation
- How to understand difficult passages in the Bible (in a broad, orthodox sense that leaves room for your denomination’s teachings)
- The biblical lands and people
- How the Bible all fits together
- The history of the Bible itself–how books were canonized, who translated and preserved Scripture, and why the Bible is structured the way it is today
- For older kids: Controversies that have arisen over Scripture in the past 100 years, and why the historic understanding of Scripture is correct
Bible Resources for Your Kids
5) Road trip through the Bible with ready-to-go reading schedules and discussion questions.
You’re busy. Life comes at you fast. Bible Road Trip™ has everything scheduled for you.
When you read a difficult passage of Scripture, the discussion questions will take you to a clear passage that will help explain what you’ve just read. The questions will help you identify and point out the main themes of the Bible in your reading. The prepared questions will allow your kids to identify what occurred in each passage, the original intent of the author, and modern-day application.
Each week has the reading scheduled across five days, so you don’t have to worry about preparing. Just open the Bible Road Trip™ curriculum, pull out your Bibles, and get to studying God’s Word.
6) Memorize Scripture along the way.
Hiding God’s Word in the hearts of our children is one of the most important things we can help them do.
When we read the Bible with our kids, we survey the story of God’s fabulous plan for salvation. When we help our kids memorize Scripture, we help them focus on the intricacy of one of God’s instructions. Memorizing verses plants seeds in our kids’ hearts. Those seeds are used by the Holy Spirit in their lives.
Each week, kids will find an age-appropriate number of verses to memorize that coordinate with the themes of the book of the Bible they’re reading. Older kids will also memorize the first twelve chapters of the book of Romans over a three year period.
7) Craft your way through the Bible.
Crafting can be a wonderful way for kids to further cement and explore what they’ve learned.
Bible Road Trip™ crafts use basic resources and can be done in just a few minutes, or your kids can spend more time on them if they wish. The crafts scheduled into the Bible Road Trip™ curriculum can be supplemented with crafts found at ThinkingKidsBlog.org, but that isn’t necessary. Everything you need to know for your weekly craft is scheduled right into the curriculum.
For teens, the craft includes a timeline of dates or a teaching project.
Crafting through the Bible is a fun, hands-on way to further explore the text of God’s Word.
8) Notebooking journals add to the fun, help with memory retention, and create a memory that lasts forever!
Narration is a wonderful way for kids to recount what they’ve learned, and to add thoughts about what they’ve read.
Bible Road Trip™ has a weekly schedule of prompts for notebooking, or journaling, that allows your kids (grade 1 and up) to narrate their reading each week.
You can add to the notebooking fun with Bible Road Trip™ notebooking journals, available in three levels.
Bible Road Trip™ Curriculum
Take a look inside the Bible Road Trip™ curriculum! Let me show you around:
9) Engage in a little sneaky geography while learning to pray for the nations!
It’s so important that our kids learn to pray for the global Church.
The Praying About the Word section of Bible Road Trip™ uses three levels of resources to teach kids about the world while helping them learn to pray for the needs of others.
It’s sneaky geography as they learn to pray for God’s people throughout the world.
10) Take a quick three-week road trip through the Bible Road Trip™ curriculum free!
Bible Road Trip™ may be the perfect Bible curriculum for your family, but you don’t have to take my word for it. You can download three weeks of all five levels of the curriculum and coordinating Bible memory verse cards (available in ESV and KJV). You’ll also get the first three weeks of the notebooking journals.
Take three weeks to begin the curriculum with your family, and see if a road trip through the Bible is right for your family! Get your free three-week sample pack for Year One here.
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
How to Study the Bible at Home (Even If You Haven’t Read It)Bible Road Trip™Bible Road Trip™ Curriculum | A Look Inside10 Reasons to Take a Road Trip through the BibleFREE Gospel Bible Verses Poster and CardsSpiritual Disciplines for KidsTeach Kids the Bible Using… …the BibleDaily Devotions Bible Verse CalendarBible Road Trip™ Frequently Asked QuestionsBible Road Trip™ Everything PageBible Journals for Kids | Bible Road Trip™ Notebooking Bible Journaling for KidsHow to use Bible Notebooking Pages to Teach the BibleMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™FREE Books of the Bible BookmarksLevels of Learning the Bible for KidsBible Memory Cards for Bible Road Trip™How to Read the Bible using Round Robin ReadingThe Buzz on Bible Road Trip™ | ReviewsBible Road Trip™ Bible Memory Verse CardsFREE The List of the Books of the Bible in Order Poster
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!