What are the best Bible verses for your family to memorize? All of them! Really, there are some Bible verses you’ll want to start with.
Have you ever wondered what the best Bible verses for your family to memorize are? Are there really family Bible verses that are better than others?
After all, God’s Word says:
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. – 2 Timothy 3:16-17, ESV
All Scripture is inspired, profitable, and equips us for good work. Right?
Right! Yet, with our children, we there are some key things we want them to know about who God is, why we need a Savior, God’s Great plan for salvation, and how Jesus wants us to live. Memorizing Bible verses that tell us about the gospel is a great (and really important) place to start memorizing Scripture as a family.
Best Bible Verses for Your Family
You want to memorize Bible verses with your family, but you aren’t sure where to start? Here’s a list to get you started.
Family Bible Verses about Who God Is
- Isaiah 43:3a – God is holy.
- Genesis 1:1 – God created all things.
- Exodus 3:14 – God is the great I AM.
- Colossians 1:16-17 – All things were created by, through, and for Jesus.
- 1 John 4:8 – God is love.
Bible Verses about Our Need for a Savior
- Romans 3:23 – We have all fallen short of God’s holy and righteous standard.
- Isaiah 59:2 – Our sin separates us from God.
- John 14:6 – Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only way to Father God.
- Romans 5:23 – Sin came into the world through Adam. Death comes to everyone because everyone sins.
- Romans 6:23 – Sin leads to death, but there is eternal life in Jesus. It’s a gift from God.
Bible Verses about Salvation by Grace through Faith in Jesus
- John 3:16 – We must believe in Jesus.
- Luke 13:3 – God helps us repent of our sins.
- Acts 2:21 – Everyone who calls on Jesus will be saved.
- Romans 10:9-10 – We must confess Jesus with our mouths.
- Ephesians 2:4-9 – God the Father sent Jesus, God the Son, to die for our sins–in our place.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, God will forgive us.
Bible Verses about Living for Jesus
- Matthew 22:37-39 – Love God and love your neighbor.
- Galatians 5:22-23 – The Holy Spirit grows fruit in our lives.
- Ephesians 2:10 – We were created in Jesus for good works that God prepared for us before we were born.
- Colossians 3:23 – Work hard for God.
- 2 Timothy 1:14 – God the Holy Spirit lives within us once we are saved.
Get started memorizing verses about the gospel with this free Bible verse poster and card set!
All of the Bible is useful for teaching, correcting, and training us in righteousness. Start memorizing the Bible as a family with Bible verses that help your kids understand the main themes of God’s Word.
Begin with these 21 essential Bible verses and then keep adding Bible verses to your family’s repertoire!
Bible Resources for Your Kids
Help Your Kids Learn and Love the Bible
You want your kids to learn and love the Bible.
You want to teach the Bible…
As parents, we deeply desire the best for our kids. We look for the right schools, we make them eat right and exercise, and we get them involved in extracurricular activities. We take our job as parents seriously.
But are we also putting our time and energy into
teaching them the Bible? Giving them the life-changing, soul-nourishing words of Scripture is not only doable, it’s an essential part of parenting kids for Jesus. And the good news is, studying God’s Word as a family doesn’t have to be difficult!
2 Timothy 2:15, ESV, says:
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,
a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
Our job, as parents who love Jesus, is to help our kids become approved workers, unashamed and rightly handling the word of truth.
The good news? Teaching the Bible isn’t hard. Your family can learn the Bible together.
…and you can!
A Crash Course in Teaching the Bible to Your Kids
Danika Cooley’s book, Help Your Kids Learn and Love the Bible, will give you the tools and confidence to study the Bible as a family. It will help you identify and overcome your objections and fears, give you a crash course in what the Bible is all about and how to teach it, and provide the guidance you need to set up a family Bible study habit.
You will finish this book feeling encouraged and empowered to initiate and strengthen your child’s relationship with the Lord through His Word.
Help Your Kids Learn and Love the Bible will equip you with everything you need to know to teach the Bible to your kids!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!