Use handy reference charts of genre, themes, dates, & authors as a summary of the books of the Bible as you study God’s Word with your kids!
When we study the Bible, the information about each book of the Bible matters. After all, if a book is prophecy we read it differently than a book of history. The gospels are different than Paul’s letters. The dates and authors matter too.
The Bible has overarching themes that are important to understand. Each book also has overarching themes. The story of Esther isn’t about a beauty pageant. It’s not all about our obedience in scary times, either. The book of Esther is about God’s sovereignty over the events of our lives. God preserves his people and uses his people for good. The book of Esther never mentions God, but it’s all about God’s providential care.
You can learn these facts as you go through each book of the Bible, using Bible Road Trip™ with your kids. You can study to learn about each book of the Bible. You can also grab these handy summary of the books of the Bible reference charts to use with your kids. We display maps and diagrams so our kids will learn the countries of the world and the planets of the solar system.
Why not teach them all about the 66 books of the Bible with these helpful charts?
The List of the Books of the Bible in Order Poster
These charts make wonderful posters for your school area or classroom, or laminate them and pull them out as you study each book of the Bible.
- The books of the Bible in order
- Each book’s:
- Date written
- Major themes
- You can purchase a household or classroom license
Print Your Summary of the Books of the Bible Reference Sheets
- I suggest you print the poster on white cardstock.
- Or, you can print them on regular printer paper and laminate or frame them.
Your children will be empowered to understand the themes, genres, dates, and authors of each book of the Bible!
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
Bible Curriculum for Your Kids
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
How to Study the Bible at Home (Even If You Haven’t Read It)FREE Gospel Bible Verses Poster and CardsBible Road Trip™Spiritual Disciplines for KidsTeach Kids the Bible Using… …the BibleDaily Devotions Bible Verse CalendarBible Road Trip™ Frequently Asked QuestionsBible Road Trip™ Everything PageHow to use Bible Notebooking Pages to Teach the BibleMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™FREE Books of the Bible BookmarksLevels of Learning the Bible for KidsHow to Read the Bible using Round Robin ReadingThe Buzz on Bible Road Trip™ | ReviewsBible Road Trip™ Bible Memory Verse CardsFREE The List of the Books of the Bible in Order PosterBible Road Trip™ Preschool and Kindergarten ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Lower Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Upper Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Dialectic ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Rhetoric Resources
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!