The Bible is a big book. Actually, there are 66 books of the Bible, so it’s more like a library. As we teach our kids the Bible, it helps to orient them in the library by having them memorize the books of the Bible in order.
To be honest, rote memorization of the books of the Bible in order is an activity lacking in, well, fun.
But we can make it more engaging for your kids.
Once they know the names of the books of the Bible in order, they can begin to add context to their understanding of the biblical library, learning what genre the books fall into, and the theme and authorship of each book. Knowing these facts will help your kids navigate Scripture as they begin to study and read it.
Books of the Bible in Order
Children love to learn, and the elementary years are the perfect time for memorization– their brains are primed for it. This write, color, and memorize set will help your kids memorize the order of the books of the Bible, practice their handwriting, and they’ll receive bookmarks to help them memorize the major categories and books of the Bible.
Write, Color, and Memorize Sets
In the video below, I explain the Bible Verses for Children: Write, Color, and Memorize Set. It should help you understand the Bible Verses about Family set, although this set has verses already chosen for you.
Books of the Bible in Order
- Copywork for the categories and the names of the books of the Bible in order
- Books of the Bible memory cards
- Bookmarks with the names of the books of the Bible in order and categorized
- Fun scenes for your child to color
- Two different line widths
- A household license–you can print a set for each of your children*
*If you are using the Books of the Bible set for a school or church class, you’ll need a classroom license. Those are available at checkout from the dropdown menu.
Books of the Bible Bookmarks
You’ll find a set of five Books of the Bible bookmarks. You can print these double-sided for your kids to color.
The bookmarks are perfect for marking your child’s place in their Bible or their favorite book, and they provide an easy reference as they learn the books of the Bible in order.
Books of the Bible Memory Cards
Your child can use the cards to write the names of each book of the Bible in the category of books on the front of each card. There are enough cards provided to write each book name on one line of the cards.
Your child can then use the memory cards as flash cards to practice their recall of the books of the Bible in order.
This Write, Color, and Memorize set is a part of the Love Others bundle. Get 4 sets for the price of 3!
Books of the Bible Copywork Pages
Your child can work on copying a page they’ve learned the books of the Bible, and still have something fun to color.
There are 12 different copywork pages with two line widths available. Your child will copy the sentence or phrase on the lines below.
Print Your Write, Color, and Memorize Set
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print the bookmarks and memory verse cards duplex (double-sided) and have them flip on the short side. (Copywork and the first three pages should be printed single-sided.)
- I recommend printing the bookmarks and memory verse cards on white cardstock so they will be more durable with no bleed-through.
Make learning the names of the books of the Bible fun for your children with lots of joyful encouragement!
Your children will be empowered to navigate their Bible, understanding what section of Scripture each book of the Bible belongs to!
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
Bible Curriculum for Your Kids
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
How to Study the Bible at Home (Even If You Haven’t Read It)FREE Gospel Bible Verses Poster and CardsBible Road Trip™Spiritual Disciplines for KidsTeach Kids the Bible Using… …the BibleDaily Devotions Bible Verse CalendarBible Road Trip™ Frequently Asked QuestionsBible Road Trip™ Everything PageHow to use Bible Notebooking Pages to Teach the BibleMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™FREE Books of the Bible BookmarksLevels of Learning the Bible for KidsHow to Read the Bible using Round Robin ReadingThe Buzz on Bible Road Trip™ | ReviewsBible Road Trip™ Bible Memory Verse CardsFREE The List of the Books of the Bible in Order PosterBible Road Trip™ Preschool and Kindergarten ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Lower Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Upper Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Dialectic ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Rhetoric Resources
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!