Planting bulbs and seeds isn’t really all that exciting in itself. But, knowing those seeds will sprout beneath the ground and push up into the light fills my heart with anticipation. Once the plants are fully grown, they bear fruit and there is a fall harvest–sometimes of vegetables, sometimes of flowers.
In an agrarian society like the ancient Jews live in, everyone understood the labor involved in sowing. They could understand how important spring sowing was when they looked for a fall harvest.
Jesus used planting a harvest illustrations often. Our kids, too, can understand the concepts of planting seeds, then growing and harvesting fruit.
I’ve put together a fun harvest craft for your kids with harvest quotes from history.
The bookmarks include four quotes:
- Let us, therefore, not be weary of well-doing; for we shall reap an eternal harvest of comfort, if we faint not. – George Whitefield
- Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. – Galatians 6:7, KJV
- Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny. – Charles Reade
- Many, I fear, would like glory, who have no wish for grace. They would have the wages, but not the work; the harvest, but not the labor; the reaping, but not the sowing; the reward, but not the battle. But it may not be. – J.C. Ryle
You can talk to your kids about what the quotes mean as you put together this bookmark craft!
Fall Harvest Craft for Kids
Check out this fun video of the fall harvest bookmark craft!
Printable Fall Bookmarks Supply List
- Cardstock (colored and white)
- Permanent markers
- Printable Template with Bookmarks
- Don’t forget these perfect-for-fall books for your kids: Who Was Martin Luther?, What Was the Gutenberg Bible?, and Why Did the Reformation Happen?
Fall Harvest Bookmark Craft | Instructions
Before you get started on the craft, read and discuss the quotes.
1) Print and cut out the templates and bookmarks.
Print the template and bookmark pages on with cardstock.
The template has a mushroom, sunflower, leaf, acorn, and pumpkin. Have your child choose four to cut out.
Trim the bookmarks with fall harvest quotes by cutting around the outside of each one.
2) Trace and cut out the fall harvest pieces.
Lay the template pieces over cardstock in the colors your child chooses and outline the pieces with a pencil. Cut out the pieces.
3) Draw designs on the cardstock pieces.
Use permanent markers to draw designs on the pieces as shown.
4) Glue the pieces together.
Glue the acorn, sunflower, pumpkin, and mushroom pieces together as shown.
5) Complete your bookmarks.
Glue one fall harvest decoration to the top of each bookmark.
Use a fall harvest bookmark in each of your new Who What Why Series Christian history books!
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It’s important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God’s Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others–and on history.
The Who What Why Series is the perfect resource to teach your kids about history, while helping them apply biblical truths to their lives today.
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Help Your Kids Learn and Love the BibleWho What Why Christian History SeriesWonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to BirthBible Lapbooks | Hands-On Bible Study for KidsArmor of God Crafts and ActivitiesJourney Through the Bible | FREE Printable Reading Chart for KidsThe Days of Creation Chocolate Covered Pretzel RodsRainbow Bible Crafts7 Days of Creation | Color Number PrintablesCreation Crafts and ActivitiesFive Things That Occur When I Complain About My KidsBible Activities Kids Remember for a LifetimeBooks of the Bible BookmarksGod’s Creation | Physical & Ethnic Diversity Books for KidsAs for Me and My House Joshua 24:15 CraftFREE Gospel Bible Verses Poster and CardsThe Parable of the Sower CraftFall Cupcakes with Harvest Bible Verse FlagsThe Parable of the Sower Bible Lesson LapbookPrintable Thanksgiving Bible Verse Calendar | 30 Days of Thankfulness for your Kids!100+ Fall Activities for KidsChristian Children’s Books about the Birds and the BeesGod is My Light Craft | A Fall Bible Craft for Your KidsThanksgiving Banner with Printable Thanksgiving DevotionsBooks of the Bible Activities
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!