Use the Gutenberg Bible history lapbook to teach your kids about the printing press with 3 free lapbooks for the Who What Why history series.
The Gutenberg Bible
The Gutenberg Bible was the first major work every printed on a large scale.
It’s no mistake that God’s Word was the first widely disseminated book in the history of the world. After all, nothing in God’s universe happens by mistake.
Johann Gutenberg’s printing press paved the way for important historical movements like the Reformation and the American Revolution. As the Bible was printed, not only were common people able to read God’s Word for themselves, there were Bibles available in churches and seminaries–many priests read God’s Word for the first time.
Your kids can learn about the history of Johann Gutenberg, the printing press, and the printing of God’s Word with the new engaging book from Christian Focus Publications, What Was the Gutenberg Bible?. It’s part of my new Who What Why series for middle grade kids, ages 8-11.
Gutenberg Bible History Lapbook
To go along with your narrative middle grade history book, What Was the Gutenberg Bible?, you’ll want to use this FREE history lapbook:
The Printing Press
The Gutenberg Bible History Lapbook is a fun, hands-on study of the Bible for your child from the ages of 6-11.
You and your child will study:
- The impact of the Gutenberg Bible on the Reformation world, on the Church, and on your child’s world.
- The Reformation world. Your child will learn about what it was like to live during the time of the Reformation.
- The people involved in the story of the Gutenberg Bible.
- Bible history vocabulary.
- The timeline of Johann Gutenberg’s story.
- The geography of the printing press.
- Theology: Isaiah 55:10-11.
The Who What Why Series Reformation lapbooks will help your child learn and record important facts about Christian history and theology, with visuals they will not forget.
Gutenberg Bible History Lapbook
The Gutenberg Bible History Lapbook is one of three FREE Christian history lapbooks designed to complement the Who What Why series. Learn more about What Was the Gutenberg Bible? and get your FREE Christian history lapbooks here.
Gutenberg Bible Minibooks and Activities
Your child will find a number of fun minibooks and activities to cut, assemble, paste, color on, and write in. Depending on the age of your child, they may need a little help assembling the lapbook components.
The minibooks and activities include:
- 3-D Banner
- Lapbook Cover
- Layered Books
- Word Search Stack
- Geography Layered Book
The Who What Why Reformation lapbooks will help your child learn and record important facts about Christian history and theology, with visuals they will not forget.
Supplies You’ll Need for Your Martin Luther Biography Lapbook
What was the Gutenberg Bible? (Who What Why)File Folder, Assorted ColorsSpecialty CardstockBright Multipurpose Copy PaperAll-Purpose Glue SticksTitanium Scissors 4 PackStapler with StaplesErasable Gel Pens120-Pack Colored Pencils
You’ll need a few supplies to put together your lapbook. You probably already have most of these. If not, it’s worth investing in them as you will use them again and again with your kids.
- The Who What Why Reformation Series: What Was the Gutenberg Bible?
- A Colored File Folder
- A Sheet of Cardstock in a Complimentary Color
- Printer Paper
- Glue Stick
- Printer Paper
- Your Bible
- Colored Pens to Write With
- Colored Pencils to Color With
How to Print and Use Your Free History Lapbook
To create the base of your lapbook, place your file folder on a table and fold both sides inward toward the creased spine of the folder. Once the outer edges meet, crease your file folder. This will give you a book that opens in the middle. You will still have a fold in the middle of your book, so I like to glue a piece of cardstock into the middle section of the book to create a thick center that won’t bend.
You can watch a quick tutorial for your free lapbook above.
The Gutenberg Bible History Lapbook will help your child learn and record important facts about Johann Gutenberg, the Bible, and the printing press, with visuals they will not forget.
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It’s important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God’s Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others–and on history.
The Who What Why Series is the perfect resource to teach your kids about history, while helping them apply biblical truths to their lives today.
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!