Use the Protestant Reformation for kids lapbook to teach your kids about the Reformation. | Free lapbooks for the Who What Why history series!
It’s so important that our kids can explain the underlying reasons for the Protestant Reformation. After all, the Reformation was a fight to return to the truths of Scripture.
The Protestant Reformation for Kids
The Protestant Reformation was a rediscovery of the good news of Jesus Christ. It was an insistence that our authority is God’s Word, not tradition, councils, or men. The Protestant Reformation was a declaration that our ultimate good is to live to the glory of God.
Teach the history of the Protestant Reformation to your kids with the new engaging book from Christian Focus Publications, Why Did the Reformation Happen?. It’s part of my new Who What Why series for middle grade kids, ages 8-11.
Protestant Reformation Lapbook
To go along with your narrative middle grade theology book for your kids, Why Did the Reformation Happen?, you’ll want to use this FREE theology lapbook:
Protestant Reformation for Kids
The Protestant Reformation for Kids Lapbook is a fun, hands-on study of history for your child from the ages of 6-11.
You and your child will study:
- The impact of the Protestant Reformation on the Reformation world, on the Church, and on your child’s world.
- The Reformation world. Your child will learn about what it was like to live during the time of the Reformation.
- The people involved in the story of the Reformation.
- Reformation history vocabulary.
- The timeline of the Protestant Reformation.
- The geography of the Protestant Reformation.
- Theology: The Five Solas.
The Who What Why Series Reformation lapbooks will help your child learn and record important facts about Christian history and theology, with visuals they will not forget.
Protestant Reformation for Kids Lapbook
The Reformation Lapbook is one of three FREE Christian history lapbooks designed to complement the Who What Why series. Learn more about Why Did the Reformation Happen? and get your FREE Christian history lapbooks here.
Protestant Reformation Minibooks and Activities
Your child will find a number of fun minibooks and activities to cut, assemble, paste, color on, and write in. Depending on the age of your child, they may need a little help assembling the lapbook components.
The minibooks and activities include:
- 3-D Banner
- Lapbook Cover
- Layered Books
- Word Search Stack
- Geography Layered Book
The Who What Why Reformation lapbooks will help your child learn and record important facts about Christian history and theology, with visuals they will not forget.
Supplies You’ll Need for Your Protestant Reformation Lapbook
Why did the Reformation Happen? (Who What Why)File Folder, Assorted ColorsSpecialty CardstockBright Multipurpose Copy PaperAll-Purpose Glue SticksTitanium Scissors 4 PackStapler with StaplesErasable Gel Pens120-Pack Colored Pencils
You’ll need a few supplies to put together your lapbook. You probably already have most of these. If not, it’s worth investing in them as you will use them again and again with your kids.
- The Who What Why Reformation Series: Why Did the Reformation Happen?
- A Colored File Folder
- A Sheet of Cardstock in a Complimentary Color
- Printer Paper
- Glue Stick
- Printer Paper
- Your Bible
- Colored Pens to Write With
- Colored Pencils to Color With
Grab the autographed Reformation Family Bundle!
How to Print and Use Your Free History Lapbook
To create the base of your lapbook, place your file folder on a table and fold both sides inward toward the creased spine of the folder. Once the outer edges meet, crease your file folder. This will give you a book that opens in the middle. You will still have a fold in the middle of your book, so I like to glue a piece of cardstock into the middle section of the book to create a thick center that won’t bend.
You can watch a quick tutorial for your free lapbook above.
The Protestant Reformation for Kids Lapbook will help your child learn and record important facts about the Reformation, with visuals they will not forget.
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It’s important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God’s Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others–and on history.
The Who What Why Series is the perfect resource to teach your kids about history, while helping them apply biblical truths to their lives today.
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!