The Abolitionists for Kids | Kids will love this FREE biography lapbook about the abolitionists who loved Jesus and loved their neighbors.
That’s a question every child should be able to answer. After all, the abolitionists help free millions of enslaved people throughout the world.
Christian abolitionists believed they were responsible for loving their neighbors as themselves, even at great personal sacrifice. Some abolitionists were privileged, some were enslaved as children, and some were born into slavery. All fought for freedom for God’s image bearers. The stories of the abolitionists are important, and their impact cannot be overestimated.
Abolitionists for Kids
Your kids can learn about the stories of the abolitionists with the engaging book from Christian Focus Publications, Who Were the Abolitionists?. It’s part of my Who What Why series for middle grade kids, ages 7-11.
The Abolitionists Biography Lapbook
To go along with your narrative middle grade biography, Who Were the Abolitionists?, you’ll want to use this FREE biography lapbook:
Christian Abolitionists for Kids
The Abolitionists for Kids | Biography Lapbook is a fun, hands-on study of the Bible for your child from the ages of 7-11.
You and your child will study:
- The impact of the abolitionists on the modern world, on the Church, and on your child’s world.
- The world of abolition (1688-1888). Your child will learn about what it was like to live during the time of Abolition.
- Ten Christian abolitionists:
- Granville Sharp
- Phillis Wheatley
- Olaudah Equiano
- Thomas Clarkson
- William Wilberforce
- Zachary Macaulay
- William Knibb
- Sojourner Truth
- Frederick Douglass
- Harriet Tubman
- Abolition vocabulary.
- The timeline of the abolitionists.
- The geography of the stories of the abolitionists.
- Theology: Esther 4:13-14.
The Who What Why Series Abolition lapbooks will help your child learn and record important facts about Christian history and theology, with visuals they will not forget.
The Abolitionists for Kids | FREE Biography Lapbook
The Abolitionists for Kids | Biography Lapbook is one of three FREE Christian history lapbooks designed to complement the Abolition | Who What Why series. Learn more about Who Were the Abolitionists? and get your FREE Christian history lapbooks here.
The Abolitionists Minibooks and Activities
Your child will find a number of fun minibooks and activities to cut, assemble, paste, color on, and write in. Depending on the age of your child, they may need a little help assembling the lapbook components.
The minibooks and activities include:
- 3-D Banner
- Lapbook Cover
- Layered Books
- Word Search Stack
- Geography Layered Book
The Who What Why Abolition lapbooks will help your child learn and record important facts about Christian history and theology, with visuals they will not forget.
The Who What Why series is the perfect way to teach your kids, ages 7-11, about the history of our faith!
Supplies You’ll Need for Your Abolitionist Biographies Lapbook
Who Were the Abolitionists? (Who, What, Why)Pendaflex Two Tone Color File FolderSpecialty CardstockBright Multipurpose Copy PaperAll-Purpose Glue SticksMultipurpose Scissors, 3-PackSwingline Stapler Value PackErasable Gel Pens120-Pack Colored Pencils
You’ll need a few supplies to put together your lapbook. You probably already have most of these. If not, it’s worth investing in them as you will use them again and again with your kids.
- The Who What Why Abolition Series: Who Were the Abolitionists?
- A Colored File Folder
- A Sheet of Cardstock in a Complimentary Color
- Printer Paper
- Glue Stick
- Printer Paper
- Your Bible
- Colored Pens to Write With
- Colored Pencils to Color With
How to Print and Use Your Free Lapbook about the Bible
To create the base of your lapbook, place your file folder on a table and fold both sides inward toward the creased spine of the folder. Once the outer edges meet, crease your file folder. This will give you a book that opens in the middle. You will still have a fold in the middle of your book, so I like to glue a piece of cardstock into the middle section of the book to create a thick center that won’t bend.
You can watch a quick tutorial for your free lapbook above.
The Abolitionists Biography Lapbook will help your child learn and record important facts about the story of the Christian abolitionists, with visuals they will not forget.
Bible Resources for Your Kids
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It’s important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God’s Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others–and on history.
Grab the autographed Reformation Family Bundle!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!