Teach your kids all about the books of the Bible with this fun lapbook. They’ll learn the order, authors, genres, and themes of every book of the Bible!
The Bible is a big book, isn’t it? It’s actually more of a library of books. 66 books of the Bible make up the library. Have you ever taught your kids about the books of the Bible?
Help your kids navigate the library that consists of the books of the Bible!
When your children read the Bible, it’s important that they understand the genre of each book they’re reading and who authored it. They need to know how the Bible is divided and categorized. Not only do they need to be able to navigate through the books of the Bible, your kids will benefit from understanding the major themes of each book of the Bible as well.
Now, if you’re using Bible Road Trip™ in your home, your children will learn these things over time. It’s really nice to study everything about the books of the Bible in a unit study style as well. I’ve got you covered!
All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook
The All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook is an in-depth study your kids will never forget! Take a look!
All About the Books of the Bible for Kids
The All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook is a fun, hands-on study of the Bible for your child from the ages of 5-12. You and your child will study several aspects of the structure of the Bible:
- Vocabulary Definitions of Bible Genres and Categories
- The Genres of the Old and New Testaments
- The Books of the Bible in Order
- Author, Date Written, Genre, and Theme of Each Book of the Bible
It is important that our kids know the books of the Bible so that they can find their way around the “library” of the Bible, but it’s also important that they learn about each book of the Bible. These facts will help your child read the Bible with a greater level of comfort, knowledge, and understanding.
All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook
You’ll find the All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook over in the Family Discipleship section of the Thinking Kids Press store. Don’t forget to take a look around while you’re there. You’ll find some great tools to equip you to teach the Bible and Christian history to your kids!
All About the Books of the Bible Minibooks and Activities
Your child will find a number of fun minibooks and activities to cut, assemble, paste, color on, and write in. Depending on the age of your child, they may need a little help assembling the lapbook components.
The minibooks and activities include:
- 3-D Banner
- Lapbook Cover
- Envelope Stack
- Layered Books
- Coloring Bookshelf Maps
- Accordion Books
- Bible Verse Pocket and Memory Cards
Exploring the Bible in this hands-on way gives your child a permanent record of their study. They will remember what they’ve learned through a deep look at what Scripture says about prayer and our relationship with God.
Supplies You’ll Need for Your All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook
File Folder, Assorted ColorsSpecialty Cardstock Bright Multipurpose Copy Paper All-Purpose Glue SticksTitanium Scissors 4 Pack Ribbon 50 Yard 1/4Erasable Gel Pens Stapler with Staples120-Pack Colored Pencils
You’ll need a few supplies to put together your lapbook. You probably already have most of these. If not, it’s worth investing in them as you will use them again and again with your kids.
- A Colored File Folder
- A Sheet of Cardstock in a Complimentary Color
- Printer Paper
- A Glue Stick
- Thin Ribbon
- A Stapler
- Colored Pens to Write With
- Colored Pencils to Color With
How to Print and Use the Books of the Bible Lapbook
To create the base of your lapbook, place your file folder on a table and fold both sides inward toward the creased spine of the folder. Once the outer edges meet, crease your file folder. This will give you a book that opens in the middle. You will still have a fold in the middle of your book, so I like to glue a piece of cardstock into the middle section of the book to create a thick center that won’t bend.
You can watch a quick tutorial for the Books of the Bible lapbook above.
The All About the Books of the Bible Lapbook will give your child hours of thoughtful Bible study, with visuals they’ll never forget.
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
Bible Curriculum for Your Kids
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
How to Study the Bible at Home (Even If You Haven’t Read It)FREE Gospel Bible Verses Poster and CardsBible Road Trip™Spiritual Disciplines for KidsTeach Kids the Bible Using… …the BibleDaily Devotions Bible Verse CalendarBible Road Trip™ Frequently Asked QuestionsBible Road Trip™ Everything PageHow to use Bible Notebooking Pages to Teach the BibleMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™FREE Books of the Bible BookmarksLevels of Learning the Bible for KidsHow to Read the Bible using Round Robin ReadingThe Buzz on Bible Road Trip™ | ReviewsBible Road Trip™ Bible Memory Verse CardsFREE The List of the Books of the Bible in Order PosterBible Road Trip™ Preschool and Kindergarten ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Lower Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Upper Grammar ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Dialectic ResourcesBible Road Trip™ Rhetoric Resources
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!