This fun Easter bookmark craft will help your kids learn about some of the important events that occurred during the last week of Jesus’ life before his Resurrection.
Palm Sunday Bookmarks
As you create each bookmark, read the verses listed with your kids and discuss what they mean. Each bookmark states:
- The crowd Greeted Jesus with Palm Branches. One Day all Jesus’ People Will Praise Him with Palm Branches.
From John 12:12-13 and Revelation 7:9-10
- Jesus gave us the Lord’s Supper, the bread and wine, to remember that he died to save all who believe in him.
From Matthew 26:29
- The Roman soldiers mocked Jesus. They put a crown of thorns on his head, calling him “King of the Jews.”
From Matthew 27:29
- Jesus died on the cross to reconcile us to God. Those who believe in Jesus are saved.
From Ephesians 2:16 and Romans 10:9
- Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and was raised from the dead on the third day.
From 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- Risen Jesus ascended to Heaven. God the Father has exalted Jesus. One day every knee will bow to Jesus.
From Acts 1:9 and Philippians 2:8-11
You can talk to your kids about Christ’s great gift of salvation as you put together this bookmark craft!
Easter Bookmark Craft for Kids
Check out this fun video of the Palm Sunday bookmarks!
Palm Sunday and Holy Week Bookmarks Craft Supply List
You’ll need a few supplies to make your Easter bookmark craft:
- Cardstock (colored and white)
- Permanent markers
- Printable Template with Bookmarks
- Don’t forget this wonderful book for your kids: Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth
Palm Sunday Holy Week Bookmark Craft | Instructions
As you get assemble the bookmarks, read and discuss the passages on the bookmarks.
1) Print and cut out the templates and bookmarks.
Print the template and bookmark pages on cardstock.
You will find templates to create palm leaves, the Lord’s Supper, the crown of thorns, a cross, an empty tomb, and a king’s crown. Carefully cut out each piece.
Trim the bookmarks with by cutting around the outside of each one.
2) Cut Out and Assemble the Palm Sunday, Cross, and Lord’s Supper Bookmark Toppers.
Trace the templates onto cardstock in colors that match the item as shown in the pictures.
Glue the ends of the palm leaves together. Glue the cross brace to the base of the cross. Glue the inside of the bread to the loaf and glue it to the base of the wine cup.
3) Cut Out and Assemble the Crown of Thorns and Empty Tomb Bookmark Toppers.
Glue the pieces of the crown together as shown.
Glue the large tomb piece to the ground. Glue the door to the small tomb piece.
Glue the thorns to the crown.
Glue the tomb together with the stone on the side of the tomb entrance.
4) Cut Out and Assemble the Crown Bookmark Topper.
Glue the small cross to the top of the crown decoration, and the base to the bottom of the decoration.
Glue the crown decoration on top of the red base.
5) Complete your bookmarks.
Glue each decoration to the corresponding bookmark.
Use a bookmark in your Who What Why Christian history series!
Bible Resources for Your Kids
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It’s important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God’s Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others–and on history.
The Who What Why Series is the perfect resource to teach your kids about history, while helping them apply biblical truths to their lives today.
Grab the autographed Reformation Family Bundle!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!