Teach your kids about Jesus, the Lamb of God with 40 cute Bible Verses for Children printable Bible memory verse cards.
When we teach the kids about the gospel, it’s vital that they know the basics:
- God created man to glorify God
- Man sinned and was separated from God
- All humans have sinned and fallen short of God’s standards
- The wages of sin is death
- God loves us so much that He made a way for us to be forgiven and reconciled to Him
- God sent Jesus, his sinless Son, to bear our sins
- Jesus, God the Son, died in our place for our sins
- Anyone who believes in Jesus, confesses him with their mouth, and repents of their sin will be saved
- Believers in Jesus are forgiven their sin and adopted as one of God’s own children
It’s so important that our kids know the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ!
You can teach your kids the doctrine of the atonement–the reason a blood sacrifice was required, Jesus’ death as a propitiation for our sin, believers’ reconciliation to God, and God’s redemption of believers in Jesus. While the doctrine itself can seem overwhelming, our kids can learn it through the system God set up in the Bible.
You see, much of the Old Testament contains symbols–shadows or types–that help us understand God’s plan for humanity. The symbols are fulfilled in the New Testament.
One Old Testament symbol in particular, the sacrificial lamb, is fulfilled in the death and resurrection of God the Son, Jesus Christ.
Our kids can understand the imagery of an innocent lamb sacrificed to take away the sins of those who believed in God’s promise of a coming Savior. They can understand that Jesus is the Savior who died for their forgiveness. They can understand, too, the biblical imagery of the Lamb of God ruling all things for all eternity.
Teach your kids the doctrine of the atonement through 40 Bible verses they’ll hide in their hearts. Help them understand that Jesus died in their place, and that one day he will return for his own.
Jesus, the Lamb of God, Bible Verses for Children
Children love to learn, and childhood and young adulthood are the perfect time for memorization of Bible verses for children and teens–their brains are primed for it.
You can use your Thinking Kids Press Bible memory cards in a few ways:
- Work through each card with your child until they commit the verses to memory.
- Keep the cards in a box on your dining table. Read and discuss one each meal.
- During your family prayer time, pray through the verses a few at a time.
- Use the cards to discuss biblical fruit during teachable moments.
- Have your child copy the verse from one card each day.
- Paste them to the bathroom mirror or frame them and make a collage.
Bible Memory Verse Card Set Divider
Your family can decorate and use a Bible memory card box just like we did in the Family Prayer Box Project.
There are a number of Bible memory card sets available in the store at ThinkingKidsPress.com. You’ll find a Bible memory verse card divider included in this set so that you can keep your sets separated, along with a copyright card.
Jesus, the Lamb of God
The Bible Verses about Jesus, the Lamb of God, will teach your kids about the doctrine of propitiation–that Jesus atoned for the sins of believers–through the biblical teachings about Jesus’ sacrifice as the Lamb of God.
You will find cards with verses that explain:
- We are sinners and the penalty of sin is death
- God’s Law helped us understand forgiveness through a blameless blood sacrifice
- God gave us Jesus to atone for our sins
- Jesus died in our place
- Salvation is a free gift from God
- Jesus’sacrifice covers our sins completely
- The Lamb of God will rule forever
Bible Verses for Children Memory Cards
Some of the Bible memory verses are longer passages that are split between several cards, and some are short and sweet.
These cards are put together to aid you in your family discipleship. Be creative about how you use them in your family as you teach your kids the word of God.
Help your kids memorize verses as they read through the Bible with Bible Road Trip™ Bible Verse memory cards!
Print Your Bible Memory Verse Card Set
To print your set, you’ll want to print with a landscape page orientation. The memory verse cards should be printed single-sided on cardstock. You can laminate them and store them on a bookring, or print them on cardstock and store them in a special box.
Make Bible memorization fun for your children with lots of joyful encouragement!
Hiding God’s Word in their hearts will benefit your children for life.
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Jesus, the Lamb of God, Bible Verses for ChildrenOur Hope Bible Verses Bundle: Write, Color, and Memorize BundleEmpty Tomb Cupcakes with He is Risen Printable FlagsSheep Easter Cookies with Bible Verse Tags to Print100+ Easter Activities for Christian KidsEaster Story GameResurrection Bible Verses: Write, Color, and MemorizeMy Easter Activity BookThe Easter Story for KidsThe Third Day: Graphic Novel of Luke 22-24
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!