Prayer is an essential spiritual discipline for the Christian. Just like reading the Bible and Scripture memorization, praying is a good way to stay in communion with Christ–to abide in him.
While we can not raise our children to be Christian–salvation is a gift given by Jesus alone, we can raise our kids to understand spiritual disciplines and to practice them. Your kids can learn about prayer by memorizing what the Bible has to say about it.
The Bible Verses about Prayer Write, Color, and Memorize set has eight Bible verses about family for your kids to work on learning. You can make Bible memorization fun for your kids with coloring activities, copywork, and a way to show their progress as they work on eight Bible verses about prayer.
Write, Color, and Memorize Sets
In the video below, I explain the Bible Verses for Children: Write, Color, and Memorize Set. It should help you understand the Bible Verses about Prayer set, although this set has verses already chosen for you.
Bible Verses About Prayer
- Copywork for eight Bible verses about prayer
- Bible memory verse cards
- Bookmarks for your children to record the Bible verses they’ve memorized
- Fun scenes for your child to color
- Two different line widths
- An ESV version and a KJV
- A household license–you can print a set for each of your children*
This product is a digital download.
*If you are using the Bible Verses about Prayer set for a school or Church class, you’ll need a classroom license. Those are available at checkout from the dropdown menu.
This Write, Color, and Memorize set is a part of the Love Others bundle. Get 4 sets for the price of 3!
Verses from the Bible that I’ve Memorized Bookmarks
You’ll find a set of five “Verses I’ve Memorized” bookmarks. You can print these double-sided for your kids to color. As they learn each verse or passage they can write the reference on their bookmark. These bookmarks serve two purposes:
- They commemorate the memorization of a new Bible verse.
- They also provide a list of verses to practice periodically.
The bookmarks are perfect for marking your child’s place in their Bible or their favorite book.
Bible Verses About Prayer Memory Cards
Your child will find the reference for a Bible verse about prayer on the front of a card. On the back of the card, your child can write the memory verse.
If your child needs more room, they can use two cards. (Just print an extra one!) Each card has a fun scene for your child to color in.
Bible Verses about Prayer Copywork Pages
There are 8 different copywork pages on Bible verses about prayer, with two line widths available. Each of the verses is printed next to the coloring scene. Just have your child copy the verse on the lines below. Your child can work on copying a verse until they’ve learned the verse–just print the page for that verse as many times as necessary.
Printing Your Bible Verses About Prayer Set
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print the bookmarks and memory verse cards duplex (double-sided) and have them flip on the short side. (Copywork and the first three pages should be printed single-sided.)
- I recommend printing the bookmarks and memory verse cards on white cardstock so they will be more durable with no bleed-through.
Make Bible memorization fun for your children with lots of joyful encouragement!
Hiding God’s Word in their hearts will benefit your children for life.
Teach Your Kids the Bible with Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a three-year Bible survey curriculum. Take your family through the Bible five times from preschool to high school.
To help you get the most out of your studies, Bible Road Trip™ has an array of coordinating weekly activities:
- Researching the section of the Bible you’re studying
- Reading and discussing the Bible
- Memorizing Scripture
- Notebooking about your studies
- Praying for the nations
- Suggestions for further study
- Crafting about what you’ve learned
- For your older students: A project to share what they’ve learned
- Bible Road Trip™ also has some great tools you can use along with it, such as:
- Notebooking Journals for grades 1-9. Want a structured notebooking journal for high school? Don’t hesitate to use the Dialectic journal (grades 7-9).
- Bible Memory Card Sets for all five levels of study, preschool to high school. These are available in both ESV and KJV.
Grab your Bible Road Trip™ Year One Sample Pack. You’ll get:
- The Bible Road Trip™ Parent / Teacher Guide.
- The first three weeks of the curriculum for all five learning levels. Week Three is where we really dive into the Bible and begin to our systematic study. Week Three will give you a good feel for the rest of the curriculum.
- The first three weeks of the Bible Memory Card sets for all five levels, in ESV and KJV.
- The first three weeks of each of the three leveled Notebooking Journals.
Grab the Sample Pack for FREE:
Disciple your kids by taking your family through the Bible together in a meaningful way!
Bible Curriculum for Your Kids
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!