There are two things about the armor of God we must teach our kids.
Ephesians 6:10-18 (ESV) says:
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Our kids need to know:
1) There truly is an enemy. That enemy is scheming and wrestling against us.
2) Those who belong to Jesus can stand strong in the Lord and in his strength. They can (and must) put on the armor of God daily.
Our kids need to know their is armor available to followers of Jesus Christ.
The Bible Verses about the Armor of God for Kids Write, Color, and Memorize set will help your kids learn Ephesians 6:10-18. You can make Bible memorization fun for your kids with coloring activities, copywork, and a way to show their progress as they work on nine Bible verses about putting on the whole armor of God.
Write, Color, and Memorize Sets
In the video below, I explain the Bible Verses for Children: Write, Color, and Memorize Set. It should help you understand the Bible Verses about the Armor of God for Kids set, although this set has verses already chosen for you.
Bible Verses About the Armor of God for Kids
- Copywork for nine Bible verses about the Armor of God
- Bible memory verse cards
- Bookmarks for your children to record the Bible verses they’ve memorized
- Fun scenes for your child to color
- Two different line widths
- An ESV version and a KJV
- A household license–you can print a set for each of your children*
*If you are using the Bible Verses about the Armor of God for Kids set for a school or Church class, you’ll need a classroom license. Those are available at the product page from the dropdown menu.
Check out the Write, Color, and Memorize: Love Others bundle. Get 4 sets for the price of 3!
Verses from the Bible that I’ve Memorized Bookmarks
You’ll find a set of five “Verses I’ve Memorized” bookmarks. You can print these double-sided for your kids to color. As they learn each verse or passage they can write the reference on their bookmark. These bookmarks serve two purposes:
- They commemorate the memorization of a new Bible verse.
- They also provide a list of verses to practice periodically.
The bookmarks are perfect for marking your child’s place in their Bible or their favorite book.
Bible Verses About the Armor of God Memory Cards
Your child will find the reference for a Bible verse from Ephesians 6:10-18 on the front of a card. On the back of the card, your child can write the memory verse.
If your child needs more room, they can use two cards. (Just print an extra one!) Each card has a fun scene for your child to color in.
Bible Verses about the Armor of God Copywork Pages
There are 9 different copywork pages on Bible verses about the Armor of God, with two line widths available. Each of the verses is printed next to the coloring scene. Just have your child copy the verse on the lines below.
Your child can work on copying a verse until they’ve learned the verse–just print the page for that verse as many times as necessary.
Printing Your Bible Verses About the Armor of God for Kids Set
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print the bookmarks and memory verse cards duplex (double-sided) and have them flip on the short side. (Copywork and the first three pages should be printed single-sided.)
- I recommend printing the bookmarks and memory verse cards on white cardstock so they will be more durable with no bleed-through.
Make Bible memorization fun for your children with lots of joyful encouragement!
Hiding God’s Word in their hearts will benefit your children for life.
More Posts You’ll Love
Bible Road TripSpiritual Disciplines Calendar for KidsLearning Tools for KidsMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™The Five Solas for FamiliesBible Verses for Children: Write, Color, and Memorize Set
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!