The Lord is faithful to answer the sincere prayers of His children for sanctification! To help your kids learn to pray for their character I’ve created these Pray for My Character Cards for Kids. These prayer cards are free to Thinking Kids subscribers, along with a whole host of other gifts.
At Thinking Kids, we’re working on a project to teach our kids to pray for others, to pray with gratitude, to pray for our communities, to pray for our world, to pray for our character, and to confess our sins in prayer. These printable prayer cards are a part of the Family Prayer Box project.
Pray for My Character Cards for Kids
These printable character prayer cards have sixteen fun designs. Each card has a godly character trait to pray for, along with a verse that highlights that character trait. The prayer card sets are available in either ESV or KJV, to suit your preference.
Ways to Use Pray for My Character Cards for Kids
Pray for My Character Cards for Kids can be used a number of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Write a few specific prayer requests on the back of each card. These can be instances in which your child feels they especially need help practicing their Christian character. It could also be something specific to the need each child feels.
- Save the cards in your Family Prayer Box and use the prayer cards on a rotation, working through one each day.
- Alternately, fill all the cards out yourself. Place them in a stack on the table, and take turns at each meal praying for the character trait on the card.
- In a group, write the name of the other children on one card a week. Collect the cards and have each child pray for that trait for the other children every day that week.
- Take the time to memorize the character verses.
- Read John 15 with your children. Discuss what it means to “abide in Jesus” and where true, godly character comes from. Be certain they understand that the fruit of the Spirit is grown in children of the Lord, who love and follow Him.
- Share other ideas in the comments!
How to Print Pray for My Character Cards for Kids
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards on duplex (back-to-back or double-sided). You’ll want to flip on the SHORT edge for these. You should be able to change the settings for this in the Properties tab of your printer box once you download and tell your computer to print.
- Trouble downloading? Check out How To Download Thinking Kids PDFs.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable and the back won’t show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- If you plan to rotate the cards to use at meals or during your family devotional time, consider laminating them so they will last longer.
- Let your kids write in pen! Frixion erasable pens show up well and erase perfectly. I use them on my planner everyday and I love them. They give kids a fun way to use bright colors–and they still allow room for mistakes.
Right now you can download the entire Family Prayer Box Project eBook, including detailed instructions and all seven printable sets by subscribing to Thinking Kids. I’ll send you a few more great printables, too, after you opt in!
Make a Family Prayer Box
More Subscriber Gifts at Thinking Kids
The Pray for My Character Cards for Kids is a Thinking Kids subscriber gift. When you register to become a Thinking Kids subscriber, you are automatically included on the email newsletter list. You’ll get updates on godly parenting resources, homeschool ideas, Christian parenting posts, and you’ll have access to the growing list of Thinking Kids freebies including:
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!