It can be difficult for kids to learn to think beyond their daily experience. These downloadable Pray for the World Cards can be incorporated into your daily family prayer time to help kids learn to pray for others around the world.
At Thinking Kids, we’re working on a project to teach our kids to pray for others, to pray with gratitude, to pray for our communities, to pray for our world, to pray for our character, and to confess our sins in prayer. These printable cards are a part of the Family Prayer Box project.
You’ll find the the download link for the Pray for My World Cards for Kids at the very end. These cards are absolutely free to Thinking Kids subscribers.
Pray for My World Cards for Kids
These printable gratitude prayer cards have twelve whimsical designs. Each card has a global concern to pray for.
Places to Pray for in Your World
The Pray for My World cards encourage families to pray for several things. Need more? You can just print another set!
- A Missionary (2 cards)
- A Country (8 cards)
- Persecuted Christians
- Unreached People Groups
Ways to Use Pray for My World Cards for Kids
Pray for My World Cards for Kids can be used a number of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- For the cards with a fill-in space, identify the person or country you will pray for. Then, brainstorm how to pray for that organization or person or country. Write a few items on the back of each card.
- For the Persecuted Christians or Unreached People Groups cards, fill in several prayer requests on the back of the cards.
- Save the cards in your Family Prayer Box and use the prayer cards on a rotation, working through one each day.
- Alternately, fill all the cards out yourself. Place them in a stack on the table, and take turns at each meal praying for someone on the card.
- In a group, brainstorm prayer requests for the back of the cards together. Collect the cards and pray through the stack each week.
- Share other ideas in the comments!
How to Print Pray for My World Cards for Kids
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards on duplex (back-to-back or double-sided). You’ll want to flip on the SHORT edge for these. You should be able to change the settings for this in the Properties tab of your printer box once you download and tell your computer to print.
- Trouble downloading? Check out How To Download Thinking Kids PDFs.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable and the back won’t show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- If you plan to rotate the cards to use at meals or during your family devotional time, consider laminating them after writing on them so they will last longer.
- Let your kids write in pen! Frixion erasable pens show up well and erase perfectly. I use them on my planner everyday and I love them. They give kids a fun way to use bright colors–and they still allow room for mistakes.
Make a Family Prayer Box
More Subscriber Gifts at Thinking Kids
The Prayer Cards for Kids is a Thinking Kids subscriber gift. When you register to become a Thinking Kids subscriber, you are automatically included on the email newsletter list. You’ll get updates on godly parenting resources, homeschool ideas, Christian parenting posts, and you’ll have access to the growing list of Thinking Kids freebies including:
EVEN MORE! Check it all out at the Subscriber Gifts page.
Your Pray for My World PDF download is beneath this graphic!
Download Your Pray for My World Cards for Kids
Ok, friends! To download your Pray for My World Cards for Kids, just log into your subscriber account, and then click on the link below and print the copies you need. Don’t have an account? No problem! You can sign up right here!
~ Danika Cooley
Danika Cooley is the author of When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther (Fortress Press, 2015), Wonderfully Made (CF4K, 2016), and Bible Road Trip. Her work has been featured in internationally-recognized children's magazines over 150 times.