{Free Printable Notebook Pages} Bible Road Trip ~ Year One Week One

{Free Printable Notebook Pages} Bible Road Trip ~ Year One Week One

Friends, I am SO excited to announce the advent of Notebooking Pages for Bible Road Trip!  This week, I am posting Notebook Pages for Year One Week One ~ What is the Bible.  I’ve posted these by level (Lower Grammar, Upper Grammar, Dialectic) – that way, you can print exactly what you want.  To access the free sheets, just click on the link below the titles.

You may want to print these in black and white.  If you don’t change your printer settings, these will print with some blue.

For fun, I’m also including a cover and spine for your child’s notebook, and covers and spines for your curriculum binders (you can fit an entire year of the Bible Road Trip curriculum in a 2″ binder.

Just as a note, some of the notebooking pages will have paintings of Bible characters/scenes, but I will be very careful to avoid posting any pictures of Christ or angels.  I hope that answers any concerns you may have over the content.

I will post more pages next week.  :)

Year One Week One Notebooking Pages ~ Lower Grammar (Grades 1-3)

Bible Road Trip Notebooking Y1W1 LG

Year One Week One Notebooking Pages ~ Upper Grammar (Grades 4-6)

Bible Road Trip Notebooking Y1W1 UG

Year One Week One Notebooking Pages ~ Dialectic (Grades 7-9)

Bible Road Trip Notebooking Y1W1 D

Bible Road Trip - A Free 3 Year Bible Curriculum

Bible Road Trip Curriculum Binder Covers and Spines (For Years One – Three)

Bible Road Trip Curriculum Spines and Covers

Bible Road Trip Notebook Cover - A FREE 3 Year Curriculum

Bible Road Trip Notebook Cover and Spine

Bible Road Trip My Notebook Spine and Cover

Bible Road Trip is an exciting journey which places you and your children in the driver’s seat! Aimed at youth grades PreK-12, Bible Road Trip will allow your family to survey the Bible cover-to-cover in 3 years ~ with breaks for summer!

Note:  The copyright rules are the same for the notebooking pages as they are with the Bible Road Trip curriculum ~ you may print or photocopy these for your own use, for a co-op or other group, and you may link back to this page (and I hope you do link to this page through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email, etc), but you may not publish or share the pages from your own site or change the pages in any way.  Thanks for respecting the legal stuff.

~ Danika Cooley

Danika Cooley is a children’s writer with a love for God’s Word, history, wisdom and small people. Her work has appeared in magazines including Focus on the Family’s Clubhouse and Clubhouse Jr.; Upper Room Ministries’ Pockets and Devozine; CBH Ministries’ Keys for Kids, and Cobblestone Group’s FACES and Odyssey. Her work also appears in Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Magic of Mothers and Daughters.

This post is linked to Hip Homeschool Moms, The Better Mom, Raising Arrows , What Joy is Mine , and The Modest Mom Blog.

Comments

• says

Arianna,

In the Bible Road Trip structure, grade 9 is the Dialectic level (grades 7-9). For the Rhetoric level (grades 10-12), students will be taking notes, and then creating a blog post or video post, or teaching a group of students (according to the decision of the family). I didn’t want to limit Rhetoric students in their notetaking, as I feel that is a really important skill for high school students. However, if you’d like to use the Dialectic pages for your high school student(s), I think they would work really well. You may want to have them add regular pages if they wish to take extra notes.

Thanks for asking. I hope Bible Road Trip (and the notebook pages) bless your family.

~ Danika

1. Melanie says

Why do you say “Just as a note, some of the notebooking pages will have paintings of Bible characters/scenes, but I will be very careful to avoid posting any pictures of Christ or angels. I hope that answers any concerns you may have over the content?” I notice in your author information you specifically mention discipling children to follow Jesus, so why are you avoiding posting pictures of him? I am curious because I am looking for a Christ based bible education for my children. At first I was very excited about your blog, but this quote I found as I was looking through your materials has me a little confused. Thanks for your help!!

• says

Melanie,

My exclusion of paintings that include Christ or angels is an attempt to live according to Romans chapter 14.

There are a number of Christians who feel strongly that pictures of Jesus are a violation of the 2nd Commandment. Exodus 20:4-6 states: “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.”

In fact, this has been a battle throughout Church history. People have died over the conviction that iconography is either necessary to worship, or is idolatry. I do not wish to be involved in this battle in any way. There are Christians who would not use the curriculum because it has a painting of Jesus on the notebook pages. It wouldn’t matter that it is painted by Leonardo da Vinci. I respect that conviction.

Angels are a little more complicated for me. We don’t know what angels look like. We can surmise from Scripture that there are a number of different kind of angels — that they are terrifying (how many places do we hear one tell a human “Do not be afraid”?), that Seraphim and Cherubim look nothing like people, and that some can appear as human or do look like humans (we just don’t know). We also can see from Scripture that THE Angel of the Lord appears to be Christ appearing before men.

I don’t include angels for two reasons: 1) I don’t want to offend people who see pictures of angels as a violation of the 2nd Commandment (as some are Christophanies). 2) I am a little put off myself by pictures of angels as they rarely seem to hold to Scripture’s descriptions.

Just as a side note, the DVDs I recommend don’t hold to this standard. What’s in the Bible with Buck Denver volume 10 does appear to picture Jesus (I haven’t seen it yet), and Drive Thru History uses artwork liberally.

Melanie, I don’t want to offend our more conservative brothers and sisters. I want to point children to Jesus and to Scripture without throwing any stumbling blocks in their way. And I want to be really up front about the fact that I am taking widely held convictions about the 2nd Commandment into account. Personally, I am on the fence. You won’t find any paintings of Jesus in my home, but you’ll find a whole lot of commentaries, Bibles and DVDs. Some have pictures of Jesus in them.

Anyway, that’s the long answer. I hope it helps. The focus of Bible Road Trip is on Scripture. I am a Christian, and I hold to orthodox (biblically approved, real Christian) beliefs.

Please let me know if I can answer any other concerns for you.

Respectfully,
      Danika

• Melanie Rathbun says

Thank you Danika for explaining your decision to not include pictures of angels or Jesus. I have been reviewing your curriculum and I am excited to use it with my children. I have been searching for a curriculum exactly like yours. Thank you for all of your hard work, and for making such a valuable tool available for us to use free of charge. May God bless you and your endeavor. Thanks again!!

2. says

Ahh! I am jumping in on the road trip! I think this will be so good for my kids and me! I have a question, and I know it really doesn’t matter, but I am a fill in the blanks kind of person, so must know so that we do it “right.” On the notebook pages, there is a printout of a scroll page with printing lines beneath it. Is the scroll for artwork and are the lines for the verse, or both for the verse, or what? Thanks!
    Also, if I just choose to print as I go, three years from now, this will still be around, right? I just have a hard time remembering web pages that I visited a year ago, not to mention three years ago! I have difficulty imagining three years down the road.

• says

Melinda,

The scroll is for artwork, and the lines are for the verse. :) I’m a fill-in-the-blanks person, too. But you’ll want to be flexible with the notebooking pages. The kids should be able to express themselves and work at their own level, which means some pages may not get filled out all the way, or at all — depending on the time you have that week. They are there for the kids to record what stuck with them from the reading. When we started notebooking, I had to help the kids come up with a sentence or two. Now, they run out of space. :)

Trackbacks