How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
The Struggle with Bible Memory (and Family Bible Time)
It’s so easy for us to allow the weight and busyness of the world to take precedence in our lives isn’t it?
Let’s be honest. Seeking the Lord through His Word with our whole hearts is a long, slow, daily process. Our culture is right here, right now, quick fix. Taking the time to learn the Bible isn’t a fast thing. It’s slow, requires some effort–and it’s VITAL. We need to know God’s Word. Our KIDS need to know God’s Word. That saying that the days are slow, but the years are fast is so true.
A Solution for Families
I want to help you lead your children through Scripture. I know you’re busy, and I know there are so many distractions every day that make getting into the Bible difficult. Bible Road Trip™ is designed to allow you to be able to spend time going through Scripture with your kids–without having to do a ton of planning or research first.
And now, the new Bible Road Trip™ Bible Memory Verse Cards will continue the learning for your family. Just print them and cut them out, and you have the memory verses for the year right at your fingertips! You can work through the verses for each week as you’re having a meal, running errands (with an older child reading the card), or during your morning Bible Road Trip™ time! Your kids will always remember the time they spent memorizing with you. More importantly, they’ll remember the Word of God.
How Bible Memorization Changed My Life
When I was a kid, I attended Christian schools until the middle of sixth grade. I don’t remember a lot of what we learned, with the exception of the Bible memory verses. Every week we memorized new Bible verses.
It was those verses that the Holy Spirit has used throughout my life–before and after I was saved–to point me to truth. I remember them when I pray, when I struggle, and when I rejoice. That knowledge of Scripture has just been central to my faith.
I want the same for you and for your children. When I wrote Bible Road Trip™, I knew that Bible memory verses would absolutely have to be a part of the program. That’s where the Memorize the Word section came in. I also know that you’re busy, and that having ready-made products to go with Bible Road Trip™ will enable you to use the program in a richer, deeper way.
I hope that as your student memorizes the verses at their level, you’ll consider using the Rhetoric level cards for your own Bible memory. It will create a sweet way for you to join your children in their journey through the Bible.
Bible Road Trip™ Bible Verse Memory Cards
The Bible Road Trip™ Bible Verse Memory Cards will enable you to have each week’s Bible memory verses at your fingertips, ready to be used by your students.
Exciting aspects of the Bible Road Trip™ Memory Cards:
- Each week is color-coded.
- The first card for each week includes a portion of one of the beautiful paintings (all public domain) that you’ll find in that week’s notebooking journal.
- The verses are divided into lines in a manner that will help your student memorize one line (or thought) at a time.
- Because the memory verses are different for each level, you’ll find a set of Bible Memory Cards available for each level for Year One:
- Preschool and Kindergarten (ages 3-5)
- Lower Grammar (grades 1-3)
- Upper Grammar (grades 4-6)
- Dialectic (grades 7-9)
- Rhetoric (grades 10-12)
- Each level of the Bible Road Trip™ Memory Cards is available in either ESV or KJV.
- Each download comes with a family/household use copyright license. So, if you have three children who will go through the Dialectic level, you may purchase the Dialectic Bible Memory Cards once, store the file on your computer, and hit print each time you need a set.
- There is a Classroom License available for church and school classes, and co-ops. Please purchase a new class license each year.
Purchase Year One Bible Memory Cards at:
Purchase Year Two Bible Memory Cards at:
Purchase Year Three Bible Memory Cards at:
How to Print the Bible Road Trip™ Memory Cards
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids Press resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Alternately, printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards single-sided.
- After purchase, the link to your Bible Memory Cards will be emailed to you immediately. If you don’t see it, check your spam file.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- There are four cards to a page–you’ll need to cut them out. I suggest using a rotary paper trimmer. Mine is one of my most-used homeschool tools.
- After printing and cutting your cards, consider laminating them so they will last longer.
Bible Road Trip™
Bible Road Trip™ is a comprehensive program that covers the Bible at five different levels, from preschool to high school, over three years. Click the links below to learn more, or to purchase.
Bible Road Trip™ Reviews: The Buzz on Bible Road Trip™
Learn More: Detailed Description of Year One Products
Purchase the Full-Year Curriculum and Notebooking PDFs (and the new Bible Memory Cards!): Year One ~ The Books of Law and History