Check out this great list of beautiful Creation Science books for kids your children will want to read over and over!
When my boys were young, they would use a tape measure and sidewalk chalk to mark the length of every animal they could find measurements for. We loved nature walks, and they’d bring home every manner of God’s creation in their pockets, backpacks, and hands.
Our kids loved reading about every kind of science. There were beautiful resources that, sadly, denied the evidence of a Creator.
I wanted my kids to have resources available to them that gave glory to God for the things he has made. There are some wonderful books available that will introduce your kids to Creation Science, and help them learn more about the intricate design of the world around them!
Let’s take a look at some resources for lower and upper elementary. Don’t forget to check out my lists of Christian Homeschool Science Curriculum and Creation Science Books for Teens, as well.
Creation Science Books for Kids (Lower Elementary)
Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to BirthCreation Sings: How God’s Work Declares God’s TruthThe Creation Story for ChildrenThe Big Book of Animal Devotions: 250 Daily Readings About God’s Amazing CreationCreation: Thirteen 6-in-1 Comprehensive Curriculum LessonsBugs Big & Small God Made Them AllBig Book of Earth & Sky: A 15 Foot Chart Showing the Inner Core to Outer Atmosphere
- Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth will tell your children the story of how they grew in the womb. Filled with science and Scripture, Wonderfully Made is a celebration of God’s creation of human life, written in the voice of a mother speaking to her child. Adoption and multiples are addressed.
- Learn more about Wonderfully Made and grab your free coordinating lapbook, Scripture cards, and posters.
- Creation Sings: How God’s Work Declares God’s Truth is a delightful, engaging story of the days of creation for kids! I love this book.
- The Creation Story for Children is a beautiful depiction of the Creation story from Scripture. Told by author Helen Haidle, and illustrated by her husband David, this is a book worth owning.
- The Big Book of Animal Devotions contains 250 creatively written devotions that will both teach your kids about animals, and help them better understand a portion of Scripture.
- Creation: 6-in-1 Comprehensive Curriculum Lessons – This is a fun unit study with 13 lessons which focus on character and consist of science, math, language arts, spelling, art, and PE.
- Bugs Big & Small God Made Them All is 80 pages, and great for grades 4-9 to read, but also a wonderful visual text for younger kids to explore. There are also 12 punch-out bug cards.
Big Book of Earth and Sky: A 15-Foot Chart Showing the Inner Core to the Outer Atmosphere is a fun way for kids to learn about the earth’s core and make-up, as well as the earth above ground–all the way into the atmosphere.
Check out God’s story of life from conception to birth with your elementary aged kids!
Creation Science Books for Kids (Upper Elementary)
Big Bible Science: Experiment and Explore God’s WorldBig Bible Science 2: More Experiments that Explore God’s WorldFlood of Noah, TheGiants: Legends & Lore of GoliathsDragons: Legends & Lore of DinosaursThe Complex Circulatory System (God’s Wondrous Machine)The Electrifying Nervous System (God’s Wondrous Machine)Breathtaking Respiratory System (God’s Wondrous Machine)The Mineral Book (Wonders of Creation)The New Astronomy Book (Wonders of Creation)The New Weather Book (Wonders of Creation)The Fossil Book (Wonders of Creation)The Cave Book (Wonders of Creation)The Archaeology Book (Wonders of Creation)New Ocean Book, the (Wonders of Creation)The Ecology Book (Wonders of Creation)The Geology Book (Wonders of Creation)
- Big Bible Science: Experiment and Explore God’s Word and Big Bible Science 2: More Experiments that Explore God’s World just may be the answer to all your hands-on science needs for your elementary-aged kids! Each Bible science book consists of 21 experiments covering an interesting–and academic–range of topics. There isn’t any fluff here. Your kids will be learning real science from a biblical worldview.
- The Legends and Lore series from Master books is such a great, interactive series that can be used as a read-aloud for younger kids (over a number of days), or as a reading assignment for middle school students (my boys still love these). Master Books’ Legends & Lore series takes a look at how there are global legends that correspond with the history related in the biblical text. That’s what we would expect, as people spread out after the Tower of Babel, carrying their history with them and changing the story over time as oral storytellers related “legends” around the campfire.
- We love The Flood of Noah: Legends and Lore of Survival!
- Giants: Legends and Lore of Goliaths
- Dragons: Legends and Lore of Dinosaurs
- God’s Wondrous Machine Series (Master Books) by Dr. Lainna Callentine ~ I love this beautiful anatomy series from Master Books. Your kids will love it too!
- The Complex Circulatory System
- The Breathtaking Respiratory System
- The Electrifying Nervous System
- Wonders of Creation Series (Master Books) ~ A great series that each focus on a specific scientific discipline from a Christian worldview. Titles include: The Cave Book, The Geology Book, The Fossil Book, The Archaeology Book, The Ocean Book, The Ecology Book, The Weather Book, The Mineral Book, and The New Astronomy Book (various authors).
Creation Science for Kids – Audiobooks and DVDS
Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins – Series 1Jonathan Park: No Looking Back – Series 2Jonathan Park: The Winds of Change – Series 3Jonathan Park: The Hunt for Beowulf – Series 4Jonathan Park: The Explorer’s Society – Series 5Jonathan Park: The Journey Never Taken – Series 6Jonathan Park: The Voyage Beyond – Series 7Jonathan Park: The Copper Scroll – Series 8Jonathan Park: The Whispering Sphinx – Series 9Jonathan Park: The Dreamer’s Tomb – Series 10Jonathan Park: Call of the Exodus – Series 11Explore John Day Fossil Beds with Noah JusticeExplore the Grand Canyon with Noah JusticeExplore Yosemite and Zion National Parks with Noah JusticeExplore Yellowstone with Noah JusticeExplore Mount St. Helens with Noah JusticeExplore Rocky Mountain National Park with Noah JusticeExplore Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest with Noah JusticeExplore the Mammoth Site with Noah JusticeExplore Glacier National Park with Noah Justice
In addition to wonderful Creation science books for kids, you can also find some wonderful Creation science audiobooks and videos for your children.
- Jonathan Park a fabulous audio adventure. My boys love these sets! They’re full of adventure, and they make really technical Creation Science understandable. These are great for ages 8 and up. Before age 8, they were a little too intense for our boys.
- Noah Justice’s Awesome Science series, exploring the National Parks, is also wonderful. Your kids will learn all about Creation science while taking a look at how the evidence in each park all points to God as the Creator of all things!
Some Hands-On Creation Fun!
Uncle Milton Dr. Steve Hunters – Bugs World Collection – 10 Real Insects – Scientific Educational ToyROCK ON! Geology Game with Rock & Mineral Collection – Collect and Learn with STEM-based Educational Science Kit in Carrying Case – Amethyst, Rhodonite, Selenite Crystal, Sodalite and lots moreFOSSIL ON! Game with Fossil, Rock & Mineral Collection – Trilobite, Shark, Dinosaur, Amethyst, Jasper and lots more – Collect and Learn with STEM-based Educational Science Kit in Carrying CaseFun Express Insect Finger Puppets 12ct ToyMelissa & Doug Sunny Patch Bag of BugsSkullduggery Eyewitness Kits Perfect Cast Dinoworks 19Melissa & Doug Textured Stencils – Dinosaurs, 4-Pack of Stencil-and-Rubbing PlatesMelissa & Doug Dinosaur Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box, Four Wooden Puzzles, Beautiful Artwork, Sturdy Wooden Storage Box, 12 Pieces, 8” H x 6” W x 2.5” L3D Puzzle – Noah’s Ark (Difficulty: 4/8)Fisher-Price Little People Noah’s ArkPLAYMOBIL 1.2.3 My Take Along Noah´s Ark
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It’s important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God’s Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others–and on history.
The Who What Why Series is the perfect resource to teach your kids about history, while helping them apply biblical truths to their lives today.
A Resource to Help Teach Kids About Life in the Womb
Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth
Your kids will love learning about life inside the womb with Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth, published by Christian Focus 4 Kids.
Wonderfully Made is a science- and Scripture-filled picture book for kids ages 5-11. The book is told from the perspective of a mother telling her child about his or her development in the womb week-by-week. In fact, Wonderfully Made is written to help parents meet the theological, scientific, and relational purposes of teaching kids about life in the womb.
You can also learn more about Wonderfully Made over at the book page.
Head over to the Thinking Kids Press store for your free Wonderfully Made posters, Bible memory verse cards, and lapbook!
They’re a great companion to the book Wonderfully Made, and the perfect way to teach your kids about life in the womb!
Autographed from Danika Cooley: Wonderfully Made: God’s story of life from conception to birth
Amazon: Wonderfully Made: God’s story of life from conception to birth
Amazon UK: Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth
Christian Book: Wonderfully Made: God’s story of life from conception to birth
Grab a Pregnancy Resource / Gift Bundle of 10 or 15 copies and save!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!
I love these blog posts. Please continue making them.