Check out this great list of beautiful Creation Science books for kids your children will want to read over and over!
When my boys were young, they would use a tape measure and sidewalk chalk to mark the length of every animal they could find measurements for. We loved nature walks, and they’d bring home every manner of God’s creation in their pockets, backpacks, and hands.
Our kids loved reading about every kind of science. There were beautiful resources that, sadly, denied the evidence of a Creator.
I wanted my kids to have resources available to them that gave glory to God for the things he has made. There are some wonderful books available that will introduce your kids to Creation Science, and help them learn more about the intricate design of the world around them!
Creation Science Books for Kids (Lower Elementary)
Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to BirthCreation Sings: How God’s Work Declares God’s TruthThe Creation Story for ChildrenThe Big Book of Animal Devotions: 250 Daily Readings About God’s Amazing CreationCreation: Thirteen 6-in-1 Comprehensive Curriculum LessonsBugs Big & Small God Made Them AllBig Book of Earth & Sky: A 15 Foot Chart Showing the Inner Core to Outer Atmosphere
- Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth will tell your children the story of how they grew in the womb. Filled with science and Scripture, Wonderfully Made is a celebration of God’s creation of human life, written in the voice of a mother speaking to her child. Adoption and multiples are addressed.
- Learn more about Wonderfully Made and grab your free coordinating lapbook, Scripture cards, and posters.
- Creation Sings: How God’s Work Declares God’s Truth is a delightful, engaging story of the days of creation for kids! I love this book.
- The Creation Story for Children is a beautiful depiction of the Creation story from Scripture. Told by author Helen Haidle, and illustrated by her husband David, this is a book worth owning.
- The Big Book of Animal Devotions contains 250 creatively written devotions that will both teach your kids about animals, and help them better understand a portion of Scripture.
- Creation: 6-in-1 Comprehensive Curriculum Lessons – This is a fun unit study with 13 lessons which focus on character and consist of science, math, language arts, spelling, art, and PE.
- Bugs Big & Small God Made Them All is 80 pages, and great for grades 4-9 to read, but also a wonderful visual text for younger kids to explore. There are also 12 punch-out bug cards.
Big Book of Earth and Sky: A 15-Foot Chart Showing the Inner Core to the Outer Atmosphere is a fun way for kids to learn about the earth’s core and make-up, as well as the earth above ground–all the way into the atmosphere.
Creation Science Books for Kids (Upper Elementary)
Bible Investigators: Creation: Puzzles and Activities for Independent LearningBig Bible Science: Experiment and Explore God’s WorldBig Bible Science 2: More Experiments that Explore God’s WorldFlood of Noah, TheGiants: Legends & Lore of GoliathsDragons: Legends & Lore of DinosaursThe Complex Circulatory System (God’s Wondrous Machine)The Electrifying Nervous System (God’s Wondrous Machine)Breathtaking Respiratory System (God’s Wondrous Machine)The Mineral Book (Wonders of Creation)The New Astronomy Book (Wonders of Creation)The New Weather Book (Wonders of Creation)The Fossil Book (Wonders of Creation)The Cave Book (Wonders of Creation)The Archaeology Book (Wonders of Creation)New Ocean Book, the (Wonders of Creation)The Ecology Book (Wonders of Creation)The Geology Book (Wonders of Creation)
- Bible Investigators: Creation is the perfect puzzle-based Bible study to help your kids learn all about the Creator and Creation! With 272-pages of learning, puzzles, and fun activities designed to help your kids become amazing independent Bible investigators, your 8-12 year olds will learn to observe, interpret, and apply God’s Word as they learn what the Bible teaches about the doctrine of Creation.
- Big Bible Science: Experiment and Explore God’s Word and Big Bible Science 2: More Experiments that Explore God’s World just may be the answer to all your hands-on science needs for your elementary-aged kids! Each Bible science book consists of 21 experiments covering an interesting–and academic–range of topics. There isn’t any fluff here. Your kids will be learning real science from a biblical worldview.
- The Legends and Lore series from Master books is such a great, interactive series that can be used as a read-aloud for younger kids (over a number of days), or as a reading assignment for middle school students (my boys still love these). Master Books’ Legends & Lore series takes a look at how there are global legends that correspond with the history related in the biblical text. That’s what we would expect, as people spread out after the Tower of Babel, carrying their history with them and changing the story over time as oral storytellers related “legends” around the campfire.
- We love The Flood of Noah: Legends and Lore of Survival!
- Giants: Legends and Lore of Goliaths
- Dragons: Legends and Lore of Dinosaurs
- God’s Wondrous Machine Series (Master Books) by Dr. Lainna Callentine ~ I love this beautiful anatomy series from Master Books. Your kids will love it too!
- The Complex Circulatory System
- The Breathtaking Respiratory System
- The Electrifying Nervous System
- Wonders of Creation Series (Master Books) ~ A great series that each focus on a specific scientific discipline from a Christian worldview. Titles include: The Cave Book, The Geology Book, The Fossil Book, The Archaeology Book, The Ocean Book, The Ecology Book, The Weather Book, The Mineral Book, and The New Astronomy Book (various authors).
Creation Science for Kids – Audiobooks and DVDS
Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins – Series 1Jonathan Park: No Looking Back – Series 2Jonathan Park: The Winds of Change – Series 3Jonathan Park: The Hunt for Beowulf – Series 4Jonathan Park: The Explorer’s Society – Series 5Jonathan Park: The Journey Never Taken – Series 6Jonathan Park: The Voyage Beyond – Series 7Jonathan Park: The Copper Scroll – Series 8Jonathan Park: The Whispering Sphinx – Series 9Jonathan Park: The Dreamer’s Tomb – Series 10Jonathan Park: Call of the Exodus – Series 11Explore John Day Fossil Beds with Noah JusticeExplore the Grand Canyon with Noah JusticeExplore Yosemite and Zion National Parks with Noah JusticeExplore Yellowstone with Noah JusticeExplore Mount St. Helens with Noah JusticeExplore Rocky Mountain National Park with Noah JusticeExplore Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest with Noah JusticeExplore the Mammoth Site with Noah JusticeExplore Glacier National Park with Noah Justice
In addition to wonderful Creation science books for kids, you can also find some wonderful Creation science audiobooks and videos for your children.
- Jonathan Park a fabulous audio adventure. My boys love these sets! They’re full of adventure, and they make really technical Creation Science understandable. These are great for ages 8 and up. Before age 8, they were a little too intense for our boys.
- Noah Justice’s Awesome Science series, exploring the National Parks, is also wonderful. Your kids will learn all about Creation science while taking a look at how the evidence in each park all points to God as the Creator of all things!
Bible Resources for Your Kids
Puzzle-Based Independent Bible Study for Kids!
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2, ESV
- Observe: They pay attention to what they’re reading.
- Interpret: They figure out what the Bible means in that section.
- Apply: They decide how the truth of God’s Word impacts their life today.
There are a great many truths in life to be found—some interesting, some boring, and some that really matter. You can be the kind of investigator who spends time puzzling out important truth so that you can know all the knowable knowledge that God has given us. That’s right. God, the Creator of the Universe, gave you a great big letter from him to explore and study so that you can discover the truths that really matter to your life!”
Bible Investigators: Creation, (The Good Book Company, 2024), page 7
The Bible Investigators: Creation Bible study for kids, written by Danika Cooley and published by The Good Book Company, is 272-pages of learning, puzzles, and fun activities designed to help your kids become amazing independent Bible investigators–observing, interpreting, and applying God’s Word as they learn what the Bible teaches on a particular subject.
Bible Puzzles for Kids
Middle grade kids, aged 8-12, love puzzles. After all, their brains are just built for figuring things out and memorizing facts. Puzzles are a wonderful way to help kids develop logic skills and retain important information. And, the book is written in a fun, conversational tone your children are sure to love!
What types of puzzles and activities will you find in Bible Investigators?
- Word Searches
- Rebus Puzzles
- Logic Puzzles
- Missing Letter Puzzles
- Word Sudoku
- How-to-Draw Pages
- Matching Pairs
- Word Scrambles
- Journal Pages
Every child is sure to find activities they’ll love!
Elementary-aged kids need hands-on middle grade resources that engage them and equip them to process important truths.
Bible Investigators is the perfect resource to teach your kids about an important biblical doctrine, while helping them apply God’s Word to their lives today.
Books Make Great Gifts!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!