We didn’t want our kids to be surprised by information someone else provided. I’ve always told parents that either you share this important information with your kids, or someone else will.
You don’t have to go it alone, though. There are helpful Christian children’s books available to address the topic of the birds and the bees in your own home, without causing you to cringe or traumatize your kids. Note: I’m using the euphemism so I don’t receive unwanted web traffic from nefarious sources.
I have a list for you of my favorite Christian children’s books on this subject. Check them out!
Do you have teens? You’ll also want to check out Books on Christian Dating for Teens.
I had an opportunity to talk to the parenting producer at Focus on the Family about when your children ask where babies come from.
Christian Children’s Books about the Birds and the Bees
Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to BirthA Beautiful Mystery: What’s Up with Modesty?A Child’s First Book About Marriage: God’s Way is Always BestGod Made All of Me: A Book to Help Children Protect Their BodiesThe Story of Me: Babies, Bodies, and a Very Good God (God’s Design for Sex)Before I Was Born: God Knew My Name (God’s Design for Sex)Growing Up God’s Way for BoysGrowing Up God’s Way for GirlsThe Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical SexualityChanges: 7 Biblical Lessons to Make Sense of Puberty
- Wonderfully Made ~ I wrote Wonderfully Made as a celebration of the time that your child spends being formed by God in the womb. My children always loved hearing the story of their early development and birth, and I know yours will as well!
- Visit my Wonderfully Made book page here and get free resources to go along with your copy!
- A Beautiful Mystery: What’s Up With Modesty ~ A wonderful book for elementary school kids and tweens on biblical modesty for girls. This is a great look at the concept of modesty without putting forth specific rules.
- A Child’s First Book About Marriage ~ Teach your kids early on about the beautiful plan God has for marriage.
- God Made All of Me ~ Your children need to know that they can help protect their own bodies. This carefully written book addresses a sensitive topic.
- The Story of Me ~This book for 3-5 year olds explores the wonder of the bodies God gave them.
- Before I Was Born ~ Written for 5-8 year olds, this book talks about sexual intercourse within marriage, conception, fetal development, birth, and nursing. This one did cause me to cringe a little, but it certainly was straight forward and answered questions.
- Growing Up God’s Way for Boys ~ A fun, cartoon-illustrated, straightforward biblical resource about puberty written for boys ages 10-14 by two doctors. This manual is scientific, yet includes God’s design for marriage and family, and is age appropriate.
- Growing Up God’s Way for Girls ~ This book is a well-produced 78-page resource with thick pages and colored cartoons on nearly every page. The book explains to girls ages 9-13 their upcoming transformation into women with candor and sensitivity. There is an emphasis on God’s intent for family and the proper use of intimacy (within marriage only).
- The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality ~ This Bible study is designed for you to go through with your children, ages 6-10, to explore what the Bible has to say about gender differences, basic sexuality, development in the womb, sexual sin, and more.
- Changes: 7 Biblical Lessons to Make Sense of Puberty ~ Written for 8-12 year olds, this family Bible study address puberty by covering the physical, emotional, and mental changes your child will go through.
Don’t wait to teach your kids about how God designed their bodies, marriage, intimacy, and relationships. Use these age-appropriate books to help your kids be prepared to serve the Lord with all of their heart, strength, mind, and soul!
I also got to discuss how we can talk to our kids about their changing bodies the parenting producer at Focus on the Family .
Teach Kids About Life in the Womb
Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth
Your kids will love learning about life inside the womb with Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth, published by Christian Focus 4 Kids.
Wonderfully Made is a science- and Scripture-filled picture book for kids ages 5-11. The book is told from the perspective of a mother telling her child about his or her development in the womb week-by-week. In fact, Wonderfully Made is written to help parents meet the theological, scientific, and relational purposes of teaching kids about life in the womb.
Learn more about Wonderfully Made over at the book page.
Head over to the Thinking Kids Press store for your free Wonderfully Made posters, Bible memory verse cards, and lapbook!
They’re a great companion to the book Wonderfully Made, and the perfect way to teach your kids about life in the womb!
Autographed from Danika Cooley: Wonderfully Made: God’s story of life from conception to birth
Amazon: Wonderfully Made: God’s story of life from conception to birth
Amazon UK: Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to Birth
Christian Book: Wonderfully Made: God’s story of life from conception to birth
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!
I like that these books are a guide so that I have the best information for both my children. I can also bless friends with this.
I love this! Thank you for sharing these resources! <3
Love this info!! This is such a scary topic. So glad to have good resources! 🙂
Danielle Voiculescu says
These look really interesting and I would appreciate the help to introduce more of this to my children.
These look like great books. I knew about some, and some were new to me.
Sharon F. says
I have been looking for something like this! Thank you for the giveaway!!
Ashley Moore says
I love that these books come from a biblical point of view. They won’t share too much information too young, and I know they won’t include information contrary to biblical teaching.
Thank you for putting together a list of such helpful books! I’m going to have to get at least a couple to help me get the conversation going with my little ones.
Wow this is a wonderful giveaway!!! All these books have been on my wish list! Thank you for this giveaway someone will be very blessed!
This is perfect timing! My 5 year old is just starting to ask questions about where babies come from (I just had our second baby a few months ago). Would love to win!
Heather Fields says
Ok, this is going to be great 🙂
Thank you for such a wonderful giveaway. These resources are such a help for parents wanting to teach their children about this in a biblical way.
Thank you, I’ve been looking for a book to answer basic questions.
Jaclyn Castro says
I am thrilled to see a Christian book fir kids about sex! Thank you for your obedience, Danika.
Thanks for this awesome list of resources!
I am thrilled to now know the name of a book that discusses God’s plan for marriage. This will make a great spring board for discussion!
Esther Faith Yoder says
I appreciate the effort to put good books and reading material out there! We need more of that….
Krista C says
I am looking for something to introduce my three kids to the biblical design for Sex & Marriage
Alexandra Walker says
Thank you for this list! We have several of these and others I am excited to read!
I love that these books are a casual way to start a conversation with my kids.
Anne H says
This is an important topic that should not be overlooked.
Lindsay Sastaunik says
I’m excited to read some of these with my 3 girls!
Jamie E. says
Thank you for this list of godly resources, Danika.
What a wonderful set of books! Thank you for posting these!
I love that these present the Birds and the Bees in a Christian-based view.
Amy Beth McPherson says
I love have Christian based and real fetal development to refer to with my children.
Thank you for providing such wonderful materials to help us educate our children on how we are each so wonderfully made.
I like having a book to guide through uncomfortable topics
Texas Momma says
I love that these books are written from a Christan viewpoint! I want my children to get a biblical view on the topic instead of the worldly one I heard at school 😣
Kristina T says
I love to read to my kids, but it is hard to discuss some topics with them. I hope this book will be a big help for their questions.
I am interested to check out some of these resources!
Lisa A. says
The time Is here. My daughter has already asked how she came out of me. Thanks for the list of Biblical books on the subject.
Joy H. says
Thank you for this resource.
We have a bunch of young kids (currently pregnant with #6), so this is exciting to me to have a Bible based baby and marriage books available for little ears and eyes.
Shelly Zabawa says
I am so excited to see Christian books for these sensitive topics. Thank you!!!
Thanks for these!
This is a great post. I’m forever searching for books that help facilitate these topics in a meaningful way and in a spiritual context. Thanks for this post. I will be looking into more of these titles that I hadn’t come across until now!
Ashley Brown says
These books would be extremely helpful! Thank you for the opportunity!
Your resources are awesome! Love the book lists. 🙂
I don’t think I did well in this area with my daughter, which may have contributed to some rocky parts of her teenage years. I really want to learn from those mistakes with my boys, but i need good resources.
Would love to win! Thanks for the opportunity!
Will definitely check out these books. They look great!
I can’t wait to read these to my kids!
Danielle Hull says
We don’t have anything like this in our home. Would love to have the help talking about these topics with our kids!
Sibella closet says
Jessi Palmer says
I have been trying to find some solid books to go through with my girls. I would love these!
I am so excited about these resources. If I don’t win, they will be going on my list. My littles are nearly 6 and 3 now and my 6 is a bit preoccupied and fascinated with her body. Thank you!
Melissa Moore says
I am most excited about having beautiful well thought-out books to help guide me in talking to my child about these delicate topics.
WENDY BURKETT says
Great giveaway! Thanks for the opportunity to win!