I’d like to thank Christian Focus 4 Kids for sending me 40 Days 40 Bites in return for my honest review, and also for providing a book to give away!
I have something I need to say right now, up front.
I’m a sucker for glossy pages.
Oh, and I love a great colorful design. It’s the flame to my inner moth.
What else must I confess? Oh, yes. I really like family-oriented books that are broken into daily chunks for family worship or devotions.
Also, I need to tell you that I think praying for the world is really, really important. Vital.
Now that you know my book-lovin’ secrets, I’m disqualified from jury duty. Or you’ve got a good idea of the way this review is going to go.
Of 40 Days 40 Bites: A Family Guide to Pray for the World by Trudi Parkes (CF4K, 2014), I actually found myself really disappointed. It was so…
I know it will take us two months to get through (because we can only maintain daily structure on the weekdays, it seems). But I wanted more to pray for. More countries, more religious groups, more world issues.
That’s why, instead of a review, I decided to write a plea.
Dear Christian Focus 4 Kids and Trudi Parkes:
Please write sequels to this prayer guide. With more things to pray for. And please make them super awesome looking like this one.
I’m guessing my regular readers are probably expecting a tiny bit of additional information, so here it is:
- Trudi Parkes is a missionary, formerly serving in Thailand, now mobilizing other missionaries from England. She has six kids and a husband (Rob).
- Each of the 40 2-page spreads gives families an opportunity to pray for a country, a religious group, or a world issue (child labor, clean water, war, etc.).
- Each spread explains the plight of the country, religious group, or world issue, tells a story about a real person and their experience, has a fact or two, a photo or detailed map, and two points to pray for.
- The middle of the book contains a map of the world, a map of Europe and Asia, and a map of Africa.
Ok. Those are all the facts. Here’s what I really want you, my friends, to take away from this little post:
- This book rocks.
- There need to be more books. Just like this one. But different.
- You probably want one. Look below. Shop, enter the giveaway, give as gifts. Love you all.
You can purchase 40 Days 40 Bites at:
- Amazon: 40 Days 40 Bites: A Family Guide to Pray for the World
- Christian Book: 40 days 40 bites: A Family Guide to Pray for the World
Be sure to enter to win a copy of 40 Days 40 Bites below! The giveaway closes on December 12, 2014 at 10am PST.
Some more Christian Focus books for the family reviewed at Thinking Kids:
- 365 Great Bible Stories by Carine Mackenzie
- Great Kings of the Bible by Deepak Reju
- What is the Gospel? by Mandy Groce
- Words About God to Help You Worship Him by Nicholas Choy
- Colour the Psalms by Carine Mackenzie
Or just check out the Thinking Kids book review indexes for: