I want to thank Christian Focus 4 Kids for supplying both a review copy and a giveaway copy of My 1st Books and More.
Are you looking for a resource to teach your kids theology in just a few minutes a day? My 1st Books and More by Carine Mackenzie and Philip Ross (CF4K, 2016) is an excellent resource; it’s a year of theology for kids, easily used in small chunks at family worship, morning devotions, or bedtime.
The 262-page book is divided into nine topical sections, with 371 short daily sections and a weekly question, answer, and memory verse section. It’s the perfect way to introduce your kids (from preschool through elementary–or even middle school) to biblical theology…..
- Let’s Think About Christian Values
- Let’s Think About the Gospel
- Let’s Think About the One True God
- Let’s Think About the Church
- Let’s Think About Jesus
- Let’s Think About Bible Promises
- Let’s Think About the Bible
- Let’s Think About Bible Prayers
- Let’s Think About the Psalms
I found the topics in My 1st Books and More to be helpful and well-organized. The writing is accessible and engaging for kids without condescension, and the theology is sound and altogether helpful. My 1st Books and More is an excellent introduction to theology for kids.
Giveaway! Ends 8/5/16
You can enter to win a copy of My 1st Books and More! This is a raffle-style giveaway widget, so each entry earns you more “tickets”.
Giveaway open to residents of the U.S., age 18 and older. Winner must respond to email within 48 hours. Giveaway will end on August 5, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.
You can purchase My 1st Books and More at
More Christian Focus books for the family reviewed at Thinking Kids:
- 365 Great Bible Stories by Carine Mackenzie
- Great Kings of the Bible by Deepak Reju
- What is the Gospel? by Mandy Groce
- Words About God to Help You Worship Him by Nicholas Choy
- Colour the Psalms by Carine Mackenzie
Or just check out the Thinking Kids book review indexes for
Thinking Kids Pinterest Book Boards
- Christian Books for Preschoolers
- Christian Books for 4-7 Year Olds
- Christian Books for the Middle Grades
- Christian Books for Middle School
- Christian Books for High School
- Christian Books for Kids’ Devotions
- Christian Books about Parenting
~ Danika Cooley
Danika Cooley is the author of When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther (Fortress Press, 2015), Wonderfully Made (CF4K, 2016), and Bible Road Trip. Her work has been featured in internationally-recognized children's magazines over 150 times.