I know our family is not alone in experiencing a special kind of financial tension in the winter time. There are plenty of seasonal careers that pay less–or nothing at all–right around the time Christmas rolls around. This year especially, with my husband working over two hours away, a big move and home sale looming, and the monumental surgical injury I sustained the day before Thanksgiving, we find there is literally nothing to give the kids for Christmas. I know the Lord is sovereign in all things, and I don’t mourn His timing this year. But the realization that we have nothing to wrap reminded me that there are other families that might be in the same situation. Even if you’re at the polar end of the spectrum this Christmas, I have something for you that might just be the icing on the cake (or the topper for the stocking).
Christmas Coupons for Kids
I’ve made my children packs of coupons for Valentine’s Day before, and they have LOVED them. For a child (even for a teen), there’s nothing like being able to choose to redeem a coupon for the promise of time or gifts from a parent. I decided this year that I’d make my boys a special pack of Christmas coupons, and that I’d share them with you as well. All you need is a printer, a pen, and paper or cardstock.
These Christmas Coupons make great:
- Gifts for your kids ~ Just fill out the stack and wrap them.
- Stocking Stuffers
- Gifts for nieces and nephews
- Gifts for kids in the neighborhood
The images used are pretty traditional for Christmas–candy, snowmen, reindeer, polar bears, ornaments, and snowflakes–and they’re in bright, cheerful colors.
To get your free coupons, just register for our email list below, and we’ll send the PDF right over to you!
Christmas Coupons for Kids
These printable Christmas Coupons have a cover for the top of the stack:
Christmas Coupons for Kids ~ Coupon Ideas
For the coupons, be specific! Tell your kids what you’re willing to do, along with limitations if applicable (ie. A $5 book, A trip to the zoo in May). Kids love quality time, physical touch, small gifts, and little acts of service. It’s hard to make a coupon for words of affirmation, but if you can think of a way to include that, go for it! I’ll list some ideas to get you started.
- Make cookies together
- A day off school
- One trip to the zoo
- Your choice of read-aloud
- One book–and a trip to the bookstore
- Cuddle time with mom
- Fishing with dad
- A hike
- A bike ride
- A day trip in the car
- A movie, hot chocolate, and popcorn
- Your choice of dinner at home
- Your choice of restaurant
- A science experiment–you pick
- A camping trip
- Ice skating with a friend
- An afternoon playdate
How to Print Christmas Coupons for Kids
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards single sided on the “best” setting.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- Tie the whole set together with some Christmas ribbon and you’re good to go!
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love
Bible Christmas Crafts for KidsChristmas Bible Verses for KidsChristmas Advent Calendar with Bible VersesPrintable Advent Calendar for KidsBible Verses About Jesus’ Birth | Write, Color, & Memorize SetNames of Jesus Poster and OrnamentsChristmas Star of Bethlehem Sand Dollar OrnamentsNames of Jesus Bible Lesson and CraftWise Men Lessons and ActivitiesShepherd Studies and ActivitiesEasy Graham Cracker Nativity SceneChristmas Stained Glass ArtJesus’ Family Tree MinibookJesus, the Light of the World Christmas Craft for KidsChristian Advent Calendars for KidsBest Christmas Books for KidsBible Road Trip™: Frequently Asked QuestionsThree Wise Men Christmas Ornaments to MakeToilet Paper Roll Shepherds CraftAngels and Shepherds Craft BookNativity Scene Craft for KidsChristmas Coupons for Kids
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!