It’s so fun to have a Christmas story book for children, though, that your kids can hold, look at the pictures, and ask you to read again and again!
Christmas Story Book for Children
Here’s what I love about The Christmas Story: The Bible Version by Carine Mackenzie (CF4K, 2014):
- It’s in chronological order. The accounts of Jesus’ birth in the Gospels all highlight different aspects of his story. Here they’re all told together.
- It’s faithful to the biblical account.
- There are 19 numbered 2-page spreads, so if you’d like, you can read a small part of the story each day leading up to Christmas.
- It starts with Adam, addresses the prophets, and then tells the story of Christ’s birth. The whole Bible is addressed. Because the Bible is all about Jesus.
- The book ends with “God’s Gift to Us” and a picture of a girl and boy under a Christmas tree. Mrs. Mackenzie explains why Christmas is a time for rejoicing for all Christians, and quickly tells the story of Jesus’ life, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension.
- I really like Carine Mackenzie’s storytelling.
- The illustrations by Natascia Ugliano are whimsical pastels that just make me happy. (There are no pictures of Jesus’ face, for those who require that detail.)
Purchase The Christmas Story: The Bible Version
I’d like to thank Christian Focus 4 Kids for sending me The Christmas Story by Carine Mackenzie in return for my honest review.
The Christmas Story: The Bible Version is a great addition to every Christian family’s library.
or Christian Book: The Christmas Story
Your kids can learn about the Bible, who God is and more with this fun daily devotional for kids. With 12-months of Bible verses calendar printable sheets, your family will concentrate on a monthly focus. There are six days of reading each week, each day with it’s own focus within the monthly theme.
Your 12-month Bible verse calendar has themed devotions focusing on:
- The Bible
- The Church
- The Holy Spirit
- The Fruit of the Spirit
- Our Father
Want a sample calendar? Grab your free Christmas Advent calendar here.
Books Make Great Gifts!
Teach the kids about the Bible and Christian history…
…with fun books they’ll love reading!
Introduce your children to engaging stories written in an engaging narrative they’ll want to read. As they learn more about God’s Word and gain real-life heroes, they will learn to apply Scripture to their own lives. And, give yourself the gift of a book that will help your kids learn and love the Bible.
More Thinking Kids Posts You’ll Love!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!