God created friendship. He mentions friendship a number of times in His inspired, inerrant, infallible word. I think that’s pretty cool.
Here in America, we tend to live pretty solitary lives sometimes. We still have that independent, pioneering spirit… but God created us to live in community.
We learn to be friends to others, don’t we? It’s not a skill that’s innate. I’ve been alive for decades now, and I still forget to act like a good friend on a fairly regular basis. I have to remind myself that liking someone’s photo on Facebook isn’t the ultimate act of friendship.
Our kids, too, need to learn what it means to be a good friend. They need to know that Jesus calls those who love him and abide in him friends. (John 15:15) While learning eight Bible verses about friendship won’t make your kids stellar friends, it will help them lay a biblical foundation to understand friendship.
The Bible Verses about Friendship Write, Color, and Memorize set has eight Bible verses about friendship for your kids to work on learning. You can make Bible memorization fun for your kids with coloring activities, copywork, and a way to show their progress as they work on eight Bible verses about friendship.
Write, Color, and Memorize Sets
In the video below, I explain the Bible Verses for Children: Write, Color, and Memorize Set. It should help you understand the Bible Verses about Friendship set, although this set has verses already chosen for you.
Bible Verses About Friendship
- Copywork for eight Bible verses about friendship
- Bible memory verse cards
- Bookmarks for your children to record the Bible verses they’ve memorized
- Fun scenes for your child to color
- Two different line widths
- An ESV version and a KJV
- A household license–you can print a set for each of your children*
*If you are using the Bible Verses about Friendship set for a school or Church class, you’ll need a classroom license. Those are available at checkout from the dropdown menu.
This Write, Color, and Memorize set is a part of the Love Others bundle. Get 4 sets for the price of 3!
Verses from the Bible that I’ve Memorized Bookmarks
You’ll find a set of five “Verses I’ve Memorized” bookmarks. You can print these double-sided for your kids to color. As they learn each verse or passage they can write the reference on their bookmark. These bookmarks serve two purposes:
- They commemorate the memorization of a new Bible verse.
- They also provide a list of verses to practice periodically.
The bookmarks are perfect for marking your child’s place in their Bible or their favorite book.
Bible Verses About Friendship Memory Cards
Your child will find the reference for a Bible verse about friendship on the front of a card. On the back of the card, your child can write the memory verse.
If your child needs more room, they can use two cards. (Just print an extra one!) Each card has a fun scene for your child to color in.
Bible Verses about Friendship Copywork Pages
There are 8 different copywork pages on Bible verses about friendship, with two line widths available. Each of the verses is printed next to the coloring scene. Just have your child copy the verse on the lines below. Your child can work on copying a verse until they’ve learned the verse–just print the page for that verse as many times as necessary.
Printing Your Bible Verses About Friendship Set
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print the bookmarks and memory verse cards duplex (double-sided) and have them flip on the short side. (Copywork and the first three pages should be printed single-sided.)
- I recommend printing the bookmarks and memory verse cards on white cardstock so they will be more durable with no bleed-through.
Make Bible memorization fun for your children with lots of joyful encouragement!
Hiding God’s Word in their hearts will benefit your children for life.
More Posts You’ll Love
Bible Road TripSpiritual Disciplines Calendar for KidsLearning Tools for KidsMemorize Bible Verses with Bible Road Trip™The Five Solas for FamiliesBible Verses for Children: Write, Color, and Memorize Set
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!