It has always been really important to my husband and to me that we handle the delicate talk about the birds and the bees with our children early on.
We didn’t want our kids to be surprised by information someone else provided. I’ve always told parents that either you share this important information with your kids, or someone else will.
You don’t have to go it alone, though. There are helpful Christian children’s books available to address the topic of the birds and the bees in your own home, without causing you to cringe or traumatize your kids. Note: I’m using the euphemism so I don’t receive unwanted web traffic from nefarious sources.
Hey! There’s a giveaway in this post!
I have a list for you of my favorite Christian children’s books on this subject. Check them out!
Do you have teens? You’ll also want to check out Books on Christian Dating for Teens.
Christian Children’s Books about the Birds and the Bees
Wonderfully Made: God’s Story of Life from Conception to BirthA Child’s First Book About Marriage: God’s Way is Always BestGod Made All of Me: A Book to Help Children Protect Their BodiesThe Story of Me (God’s Design for Sex, Book 1)Before I Was Born (God’s Design for Sex)Growing Up God’s Way for BoysGrowing Up God’s Way for GirlsThe Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical SexualityChanges: 7 Biblical Lessons to Make Sense of Puberty
- Wonderfully Made ~ I wrote Wonderfully Made as a celebration of the time that your child spends being formed by God in the womb. My children always loved hearing the story of their early development and birth, and I know yours will as well!
- Visit my Wonderfully Made book page here and get free resources to go along with your copy!
- A Child’s First Book About Marriage ~ Teach your kids early on about the beautiful plan God has for marriage.
- God Made All of Me ~ Your children need to know that they can help protect their own bodies. This carefully written book addresses a sensitive topic.
- The Story of Me ~This book for 3-5 year olds explores the wonder of the bodies God gave them.
- Before I Was Born ~ Written for 5-8 year olds, this book talks about sexual intercourse within marriage, conception, fetal development, birth, and nursing. This one did cause me to cringe a little, but it certainly was straight forward and answered questions.
- Growing Up God’s Way for Boys ~ A fun, cartoon-illustrated, straightforward biblical resource about puberty written for boys ages 10-14 by two doctors. This manual is scientific, yet includes God’s design for marriage and family, and is age appropriate.
- Growing Up God’s Way for Girls ~ This book is a well-produced 78-page resource with thick pages and colored cartoons on nearly every page. The book explains to girls ages 9-13 their upcoming transformation into women with candor and sensitivity. There is an emphasis on God’s intent for family and the proper use of intimacy (within marriage only).
- The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality ~ This Bible study is designed for you to go through with your children, ages 6-10, to explore what the Bible has to say about gender differences, basic sexuality, development in the womb, sexual sin, and more.
- Changes: 7 Biblical Lessons to Make Sense of Puberty ~ Written for 8-12 year olds, this family Bible study address puberty by covering the physical, emotional, and mental changes your child will go through.
Don’t wait to teach your kids about how God designed their bodies, marriage, intimacy, and relationships. Use these age-appropriate books to help your kids be prepared to serve the Lord with all of their heart, strength, mind, and soul!
The Birds and the Bees Giveaway ~ Ends July 13, 2018
Enter the giveaway for a chance to receive two of the books in this post: Wonderfully Made and A Child’s First Book about Marriage!
Ends 7/13/18 at 11:59am PST. Open only to U.S. residents. Void where prohibited by law. Must be at least 18 years of age. This giveaway is in no away associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. No purchase necessary for entry. Odds are determined by the number of entries. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. Entrants will be subscribed to the Thinking Kids Press newsletter.
More Posts You’ll Love
Bible Road Trip™Ways to Get Your Kids Reading Books11 Awesome Christian Books for ChildrenMy Book Log: A Notebooking JourneyChristian Magazines for Kids26 Fabulous Christian Picture Books for Children
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!