On Valentine’s Day, as we celebrate love, let’s teach our children that love isn’t always something mushy and romantic. Love is something we’re commanded to do by the King of the Universe, who first loved us. Love is walking according to God’s commands. And love covers a multitude of sins.
Love Scripture Bookmarks in ESV and KJV
I made you 5 cute Scripture bookmarks on love. You can download them in either the ESV or KJV, according to your preference. The backs of the bookmarks have adorable air mail / animal designs with hearts scattered here and there, with an emphasis on the color blue. (I’ve got your back, boys.)
You can use these bookmarks as Valentines, or just print a set for each of your kids and cut them out. I like to give my kids each a book on special holidays, so I’ll give them each a set with a fun book to read. These bookmarks are a fun way to keep Scripture in front of your kids and to encourage them to memorize it as well.
How to Print Love Scripture Bookmarks
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards on duplex (back-to-back or double-sided). You’ll want to flip on the SHORT edge for these. You should be able to change the settings for this in the Properties tab of your printer box once you download and tell your computer to print.
- Trouble downloading? Check out How To Download Thinking Kids PDFs.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the bookmarks will be more durable and the back won’t show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- Cut the bookmarks apart.
- Consider laminating them so they will last longer.
More Subscriber Gifts at Thinking Kids
The Love Scripture Bookmarks are a Thinking Kids subscriber gift. When you register to become a Thinking Kids subscriber, you are automatically included on the email newsletter list. You’ll get updates on godly parenting resources, homeschool ideas, Christian parenting posts, and you’ll have access to the growing list of Thinking Kids freebies including:
Make a Family Prayer Box (with Printable Dividers) ~ This project is a part of a series with printable prayer card sets to help kids learn how to pray.
EVEN MORE! Check it all out at the Subscriber Gifts page.
Your Pray with Gratitude for Kids PDF download is beneath this graphic!
Download Your Love Scripture Bookmarks
Ok, friends! To download your Love Scripture Bookmarks, just log into your subscriber account, and then click on the link below and print the copies you need. You can choose between and ESV or a KJV PDF file.
Don’t have an account? No problem! You can sign up right here!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!
~ Danika Cooley
Danika Cooley is the author of When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther (Fortress Press, 2015), Wonderfully Made (CF4K, 2016), and Bible Road Trip. Her work has been featured in internationally-recognized children's magazines over 150 times.