Sometimes praying with a thankful heart can fall through the cracks, even for adults, and prayer can become all about our needs, wants, and worries. Teach your kids to glorify God and thank Him for His goodness with these simple Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids.
These printable cards are a part of the Family Prayer Box project here at Thinking Kids.
You’ll find the the download link for the Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids at the very end. These cards are absolutely free to Thinking Kids subscribers.
Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids
These printable gratitude prayer cards have twelve adorable designs. Each card has a verse on the front reminding us to praise the Lord. You can download the card sets in either ESV or KJV.
Things Kids Can Be Grateful About
Your children might find many things to be thankful for, or they may need a few suggestions. Here are some things kids can praise the Lord for:
- Grace ~ God’s grace is amazing!
- God’s love
- That Jesus came to earth to show His love for us
- Warm clothes
- A place to sleep at night
- Food to help them grow strong
- A favorite toy
- Mom and Dad
- Shoes to keep their feet safe
Ways to Use Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids
Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids can be used a number of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- At home, brainstorm items to be thankful about. Write a few items on the back of each card. Save the cards in your Family Prayer Box and use the prayer cards on a rotation, working through one each day.
- Fill all the cards out yourself. Place them in a stack on the table, and take turns at each meal praying for someone on the card.
- In a group, have each child fill out a card with a few things they are thankful for. Collect the cards and pray through the stack each week.
- Work on memorizing the verses. You could use one card per week rather than per day, saying the verse then thanking God for the items on the back.
- Share other ideas in the comments!
How to Print Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids
I often get asked how to print Thinking Kids resources. Here’s my very best advice. Take it and adapt it for your own good uses.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print these cards on duplex (back-to-back or double-sided). You’ll want to flip on the SHORT edge for these. You should be able to change the settings for this in the Properties tab of your printer box once you download and tell your computer to print.
- Trouble downloading? Check out How To Download Thinking Kids PDFs.
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable and the back won’t show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- If you plan to rotate the cards to use at meals or during your family devotional time, consider laminating them after writing on them so they will last longer.
- Let your kids write in pen! Frixion erasable pens show up well and erase perfectly. I use them on my planner everyday and I love them. They give kids a fun way to use bright colors–and they still allow room for mistakes.
Make a Family Prayer Box
More Subscriber Gifts at Thinking Kids
The Prayer Cards for Kids is a Thinking Kids subscriber gift. When you register to become a Thinking Kids subscriber, you are automatically included on the email newsletter list. You’ll get updates on godly parenting resources, homeschool ideas, Christian parenting posts, and you’ll have access to the growing list of Thinking Kids freebies including:
EVEN MORE! Check it all out at the Subscriber Gifts page.
Your Pray with Gratitude for Kids PDF download is beneath this graphic!
Download Your Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids
Ok, friends! To download your Pray with Gratitude Cards for Kids, just log into your subscriber account, and then click on the link below and print the copies you need. Don’t have an account? No problem! You can sign up right here!
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!
~ Danika Cooley
Danika Cooley is the author of When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther (Fortress Press, 2015), Wonderfully Made (CF4K, 2016), and Bible Road Trip. Her work has been featured in internationally-recognized children's magazines over 150 times.