Are you looking for a hands-on Bible-oriented science curriculum for elementary school kids? Do you want something that can be taught in a group environment?
Christian Focus 4 Kids sent me Erin Lee Green’s new Big Bible Science: Experiment and Explore God’s Word (CF4K, 2016) to take a look at, and I think it may be the answer to all your hands-on science needs!
The curriculum consists of 21 experiments covering an interesting range of topics. Each experiment consists of several pages: a “Big Idea”–with a Bible story or concept that relates to the scientific concept, several activities (2-4) to facilitate learning about the scientific concept, an “Apply It” section with several ideas for continued study and devotional questions, and a “Go Beyond” section with a few more ideas: an in-depth activity, a Bible reading, a short biography (there are a number of them available to read in the back of the book).
All 96 pages of the book are visually awesome, with thick glossy full-color pages and tons of illustrations. While th ebook is written to the parent or teacher, I can’t imagine a student who wouldn’t want to pour over this information…..
- Newton’s First Law of Motion
- Newton’s Second Law of Motion
- Newton’s Third Law of Motion
- Coeffecient of Friction
- Static Electricity
- Acids and Bases
- Combustion Reactions: How a Fire Burns
- Plant Requirements
- Lunar Craters
- Water Cycle
- Angle of the Sun’s Rays
- Basic Animal Classification
- Animal Classification Zoo Trip
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
Erin Lee Green was a chemistry, astronomy, and geology teacher in the US. She now lives in Puerto Rico and homeschools her children there.
I highly recommend Big Bible Science as a great hands-on, fun introduction to important scientific concepts. It would be a great tool for a co-op, or at home!
Giveaway! Ends 6/24/16
You can enter to win a copy of Big Bible Science! This is a raffle-style giveaway widget, so each entry earns you more “tickets”.
I want to thank Christian Focus 4 Kids for providing me with a copy of Big Bible Science in return for my honest review, and a copy for the giveaway.
Giveaway open to residents of the U.S., age 18 and older. Winner must respond to email within 48 hours. Giveaway will end on June 24, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.
You can purchase Big Bible Science at
Other curriculum reviewed on Thinking Kids
- Concepts of Math and Physics Curriculum Pack
- The New Astronomy Book by Danny R. Faulkner (Master Books)
- Tapestry of Grace (Lampstand Press)
- All Through the Ages: History Through Literature Guide by Christine Miller (2001)
- Koine Greek Language Resources for Kindergarten to High School
- Bible Road Trip
Or just check out the Thinking Kids book review indexes for
Thinking Kids Pinterest Book Boards
- Christian Books for Preschoolers
- Christian Books for 4-7 Year Olds
- Christian Books for the Middle Grades
- Christian Books for Middle School
- Christian Books for High School
- Christian Books for Kids’ Devotions
- Christian Books about Parenting
~ Danika Cooley
Danika Cooley is the author of When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther (Fortress Press, 2015), Wonderfully Made (CF4K, 2016), and Bible Road Trip. Her work has been featured in internationally-recognized children's magazines over 150 times.