I want to thank Christian Focus Publications for providing me with a copy of Who Will Save You?: John Knox in return for my honest opinion.
Catherine Mackenzie’s Little Lights series is a delightful collection of Christian biographies for children aged 4-7. I began reading these to my boys when they were around 2 and 3 years old, and we used the earlier books in the series to practice reading when they were first learning.
One aspect of the stories that helped with reading was that they are told simply and engagingly, beginning in the childhood of each Christian hero, and moving through their life. Each spread is unique in that the left-hand side of the page is for the parent to read to the child (or for young readers to practice their skills), and the right-hand side of the page there is a simple sentence for the very earliest readers to read.
If you have children under the age of eight, I highly recommend the entire Little Lights series.
You can find Who Will Save You: John Knox at
More Books in the Little Lights Series
More Christian Focus books for 4-7 year olds reviewed at Thinking Kids:
- 365 Great Bible Stories by Carine Mackenzie
- 52 Spurgeon Stories by Tony Hutter
- When God Says It – He Does It by Carine Mackenzie
- Words About God to Help You Worship Him by Nicholas Choy
- Colour the Psalms by Carine Mackenzie
Or just check out the Thinking Kids book review indexes for:
Thinking Kids Pinterest Book Boards
- Christian Books for Preschoolers
- Christian Books for 4-7 Year Olds
- Christian Books for the Middle Grades
- Christian Books for Middle School
- Christian Books for High School
- Christian Books for Kids’ Devotions
- Christian Books about Parenting
Join the newsletter
Get the Family Prayer Box Project FREE!
Teach your children to pray with this fun project that includes 7 printable sets!