Friends, I want to take a moment to let you know about a new Facebook community put together for parents interested in discussing family discipleship! The Family Discipleship Community has admins from six blogs committed to family discipleship (in no particular order):
- Thinking Kids – That’s me! I blog about theology, the Bible and Christian history for kids, and I wrote Bible Road Trip for your kids, preschool to high school.
- Proverbial Homemaker – Tauna has a new curriculum (Sound Words) for preschool to 2nd grade coming in February, and she blogs about all things homeschool, homemaking, health… theology at home.
- Kids in the Word – Amanda’s site focuses on discipling children in Scripture. She has a great team (and me… she lets me contribute, too) of writers committed to encouraging and edifying parents. She has some great notebooking journals available.
- Adventures in Mommydom – Ticia is the queen of hands-on learning. She has a great free Bible curriculum you’ll want to check out, and amazing ideas. Also, she loves history. Which makes us perfect friends.
- Future Flying Saucers – Anne Marie offers wonderful Bible object lessons for home or AWANA use, and ideas on marriage, parenting, and teaching kids. She’s also really fond of regency literature.
There is also a great team of friends joining us at the Family Discipleship Community. We have Christian authors and bloggers coming together to discuss how we can best point our kids to Christ. Each week, we’ll have a tip, a discussion topic, and more! Beginning next quarter, we’ll have a book club as well. Once you request to join the group, don’t forget to agree to the group rules and guidelines and the statement of faith. Friends, I hope you’ll join us. While you’re over at Facebook, don’t forget to “like” my author page if you’d care to join me for daily theology, Christian history, homeschool, and parenting posts. I’m also fond of sharing freebies, giveaways, and sales.
~ Danika Cooley
Danika Cooley is the author of When Lightning Struck! The Story of Martin Luther (Fortress Press, 2015), Wonderfully Made (CF4K, 2016), and Bible Road Trip. Her work has been featured in internationally-recognized children's magazines over 150 times.