Why the fruit of the Spirit? I want to be careful to never fall into the camp of Moralistic Therapeutic Deism, a false religion well explained in this cartoon by Adam 4D. The very last thing I want to do is perpetuate a worldview that says, “Just be good and God will bless you! You can earn your way to Heaven!”
That said, 2 Timothy 3:14-17 (ESV) says: “But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.“
I think studying the fruit the Spirit manifests in the life of believers and truly understanding what Scripture says about each fruit is important for discipleship. It fits us to be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
This first booklet will cover Scripture verses that explain how the gift of the Holy Spirit is given, how fruit is displayed and produced, what the fruit of the Spirit is, and how God disciplines and shapes believers so they will bear a plentiful harvest. You’ll find instructions and the download link at the bottom of this post!
Following is the schedule for the 2015 booklets.
I’ll link them all here as they appear; you can expect to see new booklets on the 2nd Monday of each month. As a subscriber, these will all show up in your email inbox so you won’t miss any.
I used Galatians 5:22-24 and 2 Peter 1:5-8 for the topics. All memory verses are in the English Standard Version, used with permission (see the copyright notice at the bottom of the post). You will want to memorize 2-3 verses a week with your children if you plan to go through the series in a year.
January 2015: Fruit of the Spirit Scripture Memory Booklet
February 2015: Love Scripture Memory Booklet
March 2015: Joy Scripture Memory Booklet
April 2015: Peace Scripture Memory Booklet
May 2015: Patience Scripture Memory Booklet
June 2015: Kindness Scripture Memory Booklet
July 2015: Goodness Scripture Memory Booklet
August 2015: Steadfastness / Faithfulness Scripture Memory Booklet
September 2015: Gentleness Scripture Memory Booklet
October 2015: Self-Control Scripture Memory Booklet
November 2015: Knowledge Scripture Memory Booklet
December 2015: Unity / Brotherly Affection Scripture Memory Booklet
The Fruit of the Spirit Scripture Memory Booklet is a fun aid for children as they memorize Scripture. The booklet is 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, so each printing creates two booklets.
So, here’s what you’ll want to do:
First, download the Fruit of the Spirit Scripture Memory PDF. You’ll find the link at the bottom of this post.
1) Print duplex, on both sides of the page. You’ll want the pages to turn on the short end. I highly recommend using a high-quality cardstock such as this one: Neenah Premium Cardstock, 96 Brightness, 65 lb, Letter, Bright White, 250 Sheets per Pack (91904) <— That one is my favorite.
2) Cut the booklet pages along the long dotted line as shown above in picture #2.
3) Now you have two booklets. Keeping the pages in order, fold each booklet along the short dotted line.
4) Staple the spine of each booklet 2 or 3 times very close to the spine. Crease the booklet open along the spine, next to the staples.
Boom! You’re ready to go.
Do you have an odd number of children? If you end up with an extra booklet, help you child choose a friend to share it with or use it yourself to memorize these verses about the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
May God bless your kids as they study and memorize His Word.
More Thinking Kids Subscriber Freebies:
The My Timeline Notebooking Journal is a Thinking Kids freebie. When you register to become a Thinking Kids subscriber, you are automatically included on the email newsletter list. You’ll get updates on godly parenting resources, homeschool ideas, Christian parenting posts, and you’ll have access to the growing list of Thinking Kids freebies including:
- Bible Road Trip ~ a 3 year Bible survey curriculum for preschool to high school with coordinating Notebooking Journals! Bible Road Trip is free for download by week, or available for purchase as a full-year PDF download.
- My Timeline Notebooking Journal ~ A 132-page timeline journal that allows children to record dates from 4000 BC to 2050 AD.
- My Sermon Notebooking Journals ~ Two half-sized 119-page notebooking journals to take notes during sermons with a structured format, Bible verses, quotes from historical Christians and fine artwork.
- Two My Trips Notebooking Journals – Two half-sized 65-page notebooking field trip / vacation notebooking journals with quotes from historical Christians, charming travel murals, and space for scrapbooked souvenirs for grades 3-9.
- My Book Journey Notebooking Journal – A 51-page notebooking journal to record books read, including: title, author, page number, theme, plot, and thoughts!
Thinking Kids Press Freebies at Kids in the Word:
- Romans Road to the Gospel Memory Booklet ~ A memory booklet that will allow your children to better understand the gospel as outlined in the book of Romans.
- Seeking Jesus Daily in 2015 ~ Help your children develop foundational daily spiritual habits in 2015 and track their progress on a weekly basis.All Scripture taken from the ESV® Study Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright ©2008 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
If you are an existing subscriber, please login. New users may sign-up below.